1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

FWIW, Sykes and PBR Ducati made their BSB announcement this morning.

418 and henry_carlson like this.
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pabst Blue Ribbon or Professional Bull Rodeo?

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

It's worth nothing in this-here MotoAmerica thread, :D

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Yama-saurus

Well I reckon it is as other folks brungdid it up early days startin back on page 27.... :Poke:

henry_carlson and koth442 like this.
  5. Yama-saurus

As is Ducati, has to be Please Be Red... :beer:

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what SDK is made of after today. I have hopes for the kid, but I also have reservations. I also heard Pat Kelly is stocking up on water bottles...

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Because that worked out so well for him and reflected so well on the team.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Its early, he got faster as the weekend went on, and he wasn't last. I want to see how he progresses this year, and how he does as he hits some of the tracks that he's more familiar with. I'm still optimistic about him.

motodog650 likes this.
  9. koth442

I hope you're right. He's a good age, very marketable, and bilingual. All of those will work in his favor for a good career on the world stage.

motodog650 likes this.
  10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

attack is possibly racing portugal in wsbk, i think it depends on if they win the chip or not

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Source?

12. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

13. koth442

That would be cool

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Stanboli must be getting bored with crushing the MA paddock every year.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

As dominant as they've been the last couple seasons, I couldn't help but wonder... With the same crew, bike, and rider, how competitive would they be??? Sounds like Mr. Stanboli is also curious!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Didn't Stanboli also state on Dustin Coyner's podcast that he believes running a full season of WSBK would be cheaper than a season of MotoA? Mostly due to travel cost? something along the lines of DHL or Fedex ships the bikes for all the international rounds? Not to bounce too far off the topic.. Its hard to believe that smaller teams especially ones in the Super Sport class like MTM, Kallio Racing, and ProDina, have to foot the bill to get their bikes flown all over the world.

I would be curios to see how well the Attack Racing R1's go at Portimao. I would have to believe that Yamaha would give them some data and setup help (or Stanboli would just be Stanboli) Jake Gagne has some experience at that track from when he took the Ten Kate Honda full time in 2018. IIRC I'm pretty sure he finished in the points both races.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  17. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

So, with
    Makes me wonder a little if that's why the R6's are on Pirelli tires at Daytona. To get more data/experience on the tires.
    Also, if I remember correctly, when Attack won the 200 (2008, when Hayes was DQ'd) they were on Pirelli then, maybe that's the connection.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Richard has a history with them from all the years on the Kawis. He’s a savy dude and probably kept the connections and or is leveraging the 200 for future favors.

19. koth442

Looking at how Loris Baz did in MA and then immediately fantastic in WSBK, if I were Stanboli I'd be taking a good hard look at wildcarding.

Herrin did wildcard WSBK Laguna with Attack in what, 2019 or 2018? I can't remember now. IIRC he crashed out trying too hard both times. But that little taste of WSBK glory probably goes a long way!

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Or because there's no shortage of riders who can bring $250K to the table for a season? Look at the Moto2 paddock!

The Great One and Trainwreck like this.