1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Dunlop Supplier?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by TJS, Feb 22, 2022.

1. TJS

TJS 1994 GSXR 750 and Bandit 400

Who is the main trackside or mail order supplier for Dunlop slicks on the East coast?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I thought he was Bridgestone only?

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Stickboy sold me Dunlops last year.

5. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

Stick used to be exclusively Bridgestone, but is a dual vendor now. Of course, we all know the best tires he sells are Bridgestone...:)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's the Dunlop rep for the southeast and other places but still does Bridgestone too.

7. Robin172

That I did not know.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guessing you missed the Bridgestone and Michelin years too huh? :D

stickboy274 likes this.
  9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yes, we went from Bridgestone only. To Bridgestone and Michelin, and now we sell Bridgestone and Dunlop.

www.stickboyracing.com

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. Robin172

Avon or Heidenau for this bloke.

joec likes this.
  11. stickboy274

We sold Heidenau a little, and looked into Avon. One had much older dates that bothered us. The other shipped everything out of country, so there wasn’t going to be product support for us

we now have Bridgestones, with newer technology than both of those, in 18” vintage sizes that are working well for us. We’re winning races and championships. They also pay contingency in all classes with both orgs.

joec likes this.
  12. Robin172

I spoke to you quite a bit about tyres at AHRMA races last season and I know the full race ones are good. Unfortunately Bridgestone didn't have race compound rubber in the sizes I use at the time 3.00 x 18 and 3.50 x 18, do they now?

13. stickboy274

We don’t have the rest of the CR11 tires yet. The ones we brought in to fill the gap are working way better than we expected. The other brands haven’t been updated in a while. Our have new compounds that work really well in this application.

14. Robin172

Yep, 1:49 around Barber on a 160 Honda is something.

stickboy274 likes this.