Honda S2000: 4 hours left. How high?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

NemesisR6 likes this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So, is this a scenario where folks who grew up with these cars are now in their 40's and 50's and a looking to re-live their formative driving years and have the cash to spend on primo examples?

Is this what essentially happened in the 80's/90's with the classic muscle cars taking off?

BigBird likes this.
  4. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Seems to be the case. I had a '69 Camaro when I was 16. Been looking at some nice, drivable, restorations lately. $75-100K seems to be the range for something like that. While it would be really cool to re-live my youth with a toy like that, it's kinda hard to justify when there are more than a few options of modern muscle cars in that same price range.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

There are tons of nice looking 1st gen drivers in the 15-25+K range. 75+ is rare (RS/SS, Z28, big block SS, etc) or super pro mod aftermarket errythang, ls swapped show winners they show on mecum and barrett.

6. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, but mine was in that category back in the day :) Not gonna replace memories with something lesser.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

So your car back in the day is/was "Me(you)cum" worthy? It may not have taken much at that age, so you might be creating your current memories using a vivid imagination. ;--)

8. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Likely :) But it was a damn nice car for a dipshit 16 yr old to have at the time.

Was some old dude's show car. Dad paid $8500 for it back in '85. Frame, body, numbers matched. It had a 396 and TH400 out of a Chevelle SS in it.

my692.jpg

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I mean, its clean and all... but why? but also Georg Plasa's car with a Judd V8 in it doing 11k RPMs...

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

$1.8M yeah...about that

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

At what...paying the repair bills on an aging Mercedes?

vfrket likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:whoosh:

18. Venom51

Plop me in the column of "Who previously owned a car makes no difference.". It is still a used car....

And here is my cringe moment of the week.....

It's not like he has driven it recently.

BigBird likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

None of that is relevant. This is about the two guys I mentioned in my post. They'll know.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Venom51

Well those details will just have to given to me later. :D