1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with car people?

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jan 14, 2022.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I read it, but he missed the point.

27 likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Or did he prove it....

Phl218 and 27 like this.
  3. baconologist

No because he’s a car guy and enjoys talking about them. He’s the PIA i’d give my best Broome face to and walk away.

Gorilla George and 27 like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You reminded me of I guy I worked with at the Schlitz warehouse in Boston in the 70s.
    He had a beat-up old pickup with a big step bumper on it. He took an old, crappy toolbox
    about bread loaf size and bolted it onto one corner of the bumper, sitting at an angle to look
    like he had just set it down there. The lid was up and the tool tray was sitting at an angle.
    While it was bolted down, it was just one bolt and it was loose so it would move around
    and jump up a little as he drove along. He even had a couple of wrenches in the tray tied
    down with little cables and a hammer sitting so the handle stuck up out of the box.
    He'd laugh his ass off telling us about the people on the highway trying to get his attention.
    Eventually, a state cop made him remove it one day by the side of the road.

lopitt85 likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

A couple of years ago when I was assisting my friends performance shop part time; ( I started their R&D, and Fabrication Departments under a contract and worked there until we staffed it as needed)

I would often drive home customer cars.. These would be built C5, C6, and C7 Corvettes, Camaro's, Mustangs, (Ranging from 500-1200whp) 996, 997, and 991 911 Turbo's, twin turbo R8's, built WRX STI, and EVO's (we were trying to get out of that market) Nissan GTR's and a whole slew of other really cool shit.. (barely legal or even MI illegal road course cars)

No one EVER seemed to give a single fuck about them.. whether I was at a gas station getting some sour patch kids, or even if we were on the highway getting some data..

However, every god damn time i had to take the shop truck somewhere I couldn't keep people away from me. This was 2015-2016.. The truck was just a 2006 LB7 Duramax with a slight lift, some steel D slot rims, and "prerunner" style fiber glass front fenders and rear bed sides. Had the emissions deleted, was loud as hell, and smelled like spilled diesel. We had a local vinyl shop wrap it in the shops name, and some of our close vendor partners, so it did kind of "pop" but it was a huge POS... had like 350K on it but it was going to die forever at any moment. We bought this thing at an auction for like $7500..

People couldn't get enough of that stupid ass truck.. We had people come into our parking lot one day and walk right passed the built TT911, and 1200HP GTR we were working on.. Walked right up and start posing next to this god damn thing..

tl1098 and ToofPic like this.
  6. baconologist

Hum, maybe it’s a truck thing....I drive a truck

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My daughter organizes the Cars and Coffee automobiles for her dealership. I get a kick watching her crew drive a fleet of Porsches there. I followed them on my Monster a couple of times and I swear it gets more questions than their new Turbo. Most people I've met aren't douchie at all. But what a huge difference from my vintage bike night gang that shows up every Tuesday night for 2 Stroke Tuesday. Those guys judge no one.

[​IMG]

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I thought she quit the dealership gig for a new job a while back?

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

No kidding, they made her an offer she couldn't refuse to come back. She has one year to finish her degree, and Porsche NA said they would hire her in some regional capacity once she has that degree.

Funkm05, BigBird, tl1098 and 4 others like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait... You just posted a picture of your daughter in front of THIS Buncha jackals???

[​IMG]

FastByKids, R Acree, DBConz and 2 others like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He has posted her picture several times before. Jackals seem to be more respectful when daddy is around.

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Normally I try to leave Ferrari drivers alone because they are usually jerkoides but I regret now not asking one maybe 6 months back what he was driving. New Enzo I think and it bugs me not knowing what it was. I guess he was coming from the cars and coffee thing and filling up with shit ethanol gas.
    Someone mentioned how nifty neato Lamborghini drivers were. I think 99% of the time they’re assholes. :D can’t get a Ferrari and they then go on endlessly on how they now prefer Lamborghinis and how they are sooooo much better. Cool, whatever, you got one, I don’t and all that but don’t sell me bullshit. :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He has also posted photos of what she does to a BMW…

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

LBZ not LB7.
    It is best truck ever made, of course they will be all over you :)

Trainwreck likes this.
  15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Ferrari is literally a frat turned into a car company.
    Lamborghini is the rich kid who wanted to stand out from frat kids.
    Porsche is the kid who just wins all the races.

Trainwreck likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah but do any of them own New Balance white sneakers ??

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That would be Corvette owners lol

bored&stroked likes this.
  18. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

You are wrong. I have blue sneakers to match the blue Corvette and they are Asics, not New Balance.

ClemsonsR6 and cha0s#242 like this.
  19. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

You are correct. LBZ not LB7. We actually sold that thing to some local kid for like $15,000. Turns out, he recently sold it for even more (CoVIDZ i assume) Good for everyone. LMAO. I'll stick with my Cummins.

One of our customers bought a Ferrari 488GTB in 2016. Dude rents Grattan out 2-3 times a year and invites a bunch of his rich pals out to play. We do maintenance and performance upgrades on most of his stuff.. But this damn 488 is ridiculous. After a few years track days he was due for a rotors/pads/whatever service at Ferrari. They quoted him $50,000... I almost shit my pants when he told me. He had us slap pads on it, (still came in at around $2500 just for parts if I'm not mistaken) Dude has more money than god but he's not an idiot... Looked me straight in the eye and said "I'm faster in my 911, so I'm just going to drive the Ferrari down to Captiva, and leave it there forever"

I did get a chance to wheel it in anger at Grattan. I will say, its an amazing car. However, a few things stuck out to me the most.

1: This car is worth more than my house, if I pump this thing into the wall its going to potentially ruin my life. I better take it easy.
    2: I just got done working on another customers car and I'm kind of greasy, why the fuck did he want me to drive this thing? (beautiful tan interior)
    3: Shit! If I take it too easy the god damn brakes are useless. (Carbon/Ceramic)
    4: This thing makes some cool noises.
    5: His PDK 911 Turbo is such a better car..

Side note, dudes wife curbed a wheel downtown outside of their business... $13,000 for a new one. Imagine a fucking OEM WHEEL costing the same as a 3-5 year old Club Level Superbike... yikes

BigBird and ToofPic like this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lol...I own a 'vette and wear army boots.
    Mostly for wading through the bullshit that non-owners seem to spew.

R1Racer99 and Yzasserina like this.