1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Crypto market way down on fed hike news. Buy buy buy!!!

sanee likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think the only thing they've sold thus far is a bunch of investors down the Rivier.

4. SuddenBraking

They sold the equivalent of a car or two to @motion :D

motion and ChemGuy like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

but shouldn't crypto be independent of the Fed? isn't that the whole purpose of crypto "currency" independent of government, inflation....seems to just follow all the other markets.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

for now. If someone farts in the wind the price moves. It’ll stabilize then bounce back. Pretty firm in my belief that btc will eventually hit the milli mark in time. And that etherium will be the eventual winner of the crypto wars

https://cryptobriefing.com/bitcoin-falls-5-as-fed-confirms-interest-rate-hikes/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...-looming-interest-rate-hikes/?sh=6e45bbc3794a

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Again, why is this worldwide "currency" worried about the US interest rate. It's not supposed to be country dependent.

Sweatypants likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I'm a player at 80% retraction from previous high if it gets there, but I do enjoy you pissing in the wind and keep asking because clearly he has no fundamental knowledge of trading or economics. You'll never get the answer you're looking for. Its a store of money at this point, simple as that, and Ethereum becoming the winner is gonna have to seriously address their processing costs to do so. If you can make money, make money, but let's not pretend here. Interest rates go up, domestic investment looks more attractive, inflation plateaus, money out of safe havens and into traditional investment streams, and the cycle goes on and on. But that's for big movers... who ironically control most of the crypto supply, thus acting just like a big bank, which was the fundamental idea to get away from, which also makes me laugh... they still care about interest rates for all their other dealings. and little shitdicks with $1500 in a Robinhood account aren't moving the needle like this. and here we are.

Reddit's dropping an IPO soon I heard. Wonder what that's gonna do. Seems to have some longevity.

BigBird likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

That's pretty much everyone in this thread :crackup:

Sweatypants, BigBird and sanee like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  11. Sweatypants

it IS entertaining. you know what else is entertaining? being bored and good at math... cause this:

would mean that it would then have a market cap of 76% of the total US economy's value when our current USD currency in circulation is about 1/25th of that amount (which is 2nd layer funny because its been shown people in the US already hold the majority of BTC compared with anyone else), a market cap larger than both the EU and Chinese economies, and would be about 25x larger than it currently is right now with hardly any new coins left to be minted. oh, yea the funniest statistic... it would then literally be worth 50% of all currency of all countries in the entire world currently in circulation.

but he's pretty firm, so...

the US, EU, China, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Canada, and India would literally assassinate every single creator and major holder of crypto and guided missile every single crypto farm from space before that would even become close to remotely happening. but hey...

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

so....buy? yea, or nea? :D

Sweatypants likes this.
  13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It’ll hit a million. When gas is $400 a gallon and a Big Macs $800.

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So, just because shiba inu going to a buck would be over 7 times global GDP... IT COULD STILL HAPPEN, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sweatypants and BigBird like this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Well when you put it like that….

16. Sweatypants

its sounds utterly ridiculous? haha

BigBird likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

See that’s the thing though, it still doesn’t…. unlimited growth is a characteristic of the online landscape. Ive talked about this before in another thread. In the near future real currency will be replaced online by crypto. When the entire world is using crypto for online transactions that doesn’t just include money it doesn’t seem so outlandish. Web 3.0 is built for blockchain. Now whether or not world powers will allow crypto currency to get that big remains to be seen but I really don’t see them being able to do anything about it. Tech is the future world power. Crypto is its currency.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  18. Sweatypants

ok seriously stop it. stop.

BigBird and cortezmachine like this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

too late to say jk? :D

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

man crypto is looking bad this morning....