1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Resident Plarp and pfhenry like this.
  2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I was in East Berlin in 1985, as an exchange student. My host family was in Hattingen (West Germany). We went to East Berlin for the day; saw some hotties! (Or at least what a horny 17 year old boy would call hotties, lol!)

3. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

6 NFL games at 1PM today woo hooo! Bowl games yesterday were lame but the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl was nice until the late 3rd Q.

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Ive had very few accidents over the decades but that one changed my perception. I never thought a nail could change trajectories by that steep an angle. We could calculate it... my hand was 32” away, second stud, on the X and 24” below on the Y on the 6’ ladder, below the 8’ wall. I was nailing the header into the ceiling/floor joists, nailer was angled away but even at a direct vector perpendicular.... the knot in the 2x4 turned and bent it sending it into my hand with enough force to sink it still.

those machine shop accidents are usually really bad... most industrial accidents should never happen, of course they teach those witness to or involved life lessons. Usually with scars to remember.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    pfhenry likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You know I wrote at first that the pussy electrician couldn’t even help... :crackup: then I thought, Dern is an electrics dude and he seems alright :moon:

I’ve worked in all aspects of construction and on that site I had to help that same guy problem shoot his work and I’ve got a bad habit of working with live circuits, that most others knew, that guy got lit up on a live loop... I laughed a little harder then I should’ve remembering my nail hand he pussed out about...

pickled egg likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He seems alright, but I have it on good authority he once put a 16 penny ring nail through the handle hole of a guy’s Estwing hammer into a 2x10 joist. :D

What I hate having to do is show a nail bender how to use a square and a tape measure. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

This post has been reported for not being unappropriate to my standard.

auminer likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I did the exact thing with a Paslode.

27 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

They were all the new rage when they came out and had some power... I liked the first one we had the best... the fuel explosions were way better with the hot red cans instead of the yellow soy latte shit... I remember the siding stapler was the best thing ever too... tools rock!

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Plarp, your avatar was on some random post on reddit awhile back! That thing is haunting and following bbs ers around the web.... didn’t Jigmoore make it or was it you?

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Plarp's new avatar in the middle.

12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It’s been haunting the interwebs for about twenty years. No idea how Jig came across it (I’ll ask him and report back). I, skillfully acquired it from him.

If you search YouTube for “Schfifty Five” you’ll find that same face in that video (sir not appearing in this film).

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Oh hell no

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

can't corner too low with that, can he?....

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Longer than that. It predates 1994 when I moved to Shittyapolis.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yo mama so fat...

cBJr, Wingnut and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I remember him building it I’m pretty sure, it started as Sean/mongo I thought, no offense to anyone, at least I recall multiple versions up to that one... it was during the time he had an odd interaction with one of the rare female bbs ers

I’m not searching for shit, nothing makes me scroll faster, besides Kenny’s bullshit posting

When I saw it, it was in a reddit meme about actual people vs catfish on tinder...

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is it not Mongo that he modified to look like that? Seriously, I’m not looking for an argument, banning, or the like as Sean would say...