1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting: Verstappen is of the opinion that racing with the number "1" would be good for merchandising.

DrA5 likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The type of fans that buy jersey's from any sport are the type that would buy a new one with a new number, esp #1. I would actually love to see measured impact on this type of thing and then where return fades if you're too successful...then time for a return to your old number.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I always thought this too. If you buy them you want at least two then.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He hasn’t learned anything from Rossi apparently.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What the heck is up with the irritating pit stop whirly siren noise? Gah.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Seriously. What is the over/under of Gunther Steiner or Toto Wolff beating the shit out of/tearing that thing off the wall this weekend?

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Update. What is the over/under that I am going to get on a plane and fly down to Brazil and strangle the life out of whoever approved that maddening whirly pit alarm? It is supposed to be an alert. Not distracting. Fired.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Crap, they're doing another one of those dumb qualifying races tomorrow. So the next session in a couple of hours will be a qualifying session.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Anybody shoot Martin Brundle yet? :D

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Nope. Check back on Sunday. :blart:

BigBird likes this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Ohh thanks! I just verified my lineup... :)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Toto with the "fuck them all" on the radio. :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I wish they had shown more of Hami coming through the field, other than that there wasn't much action.

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

Given Hamilton’s points deficit in the drivers and Botas unlikely to help them win the constructors championship. I’m wondering if they’ll have Hamilton’s engine turned to 11 for the rest of the season as a last ditch effort

Also, does anyone know how much Hamilton’s DRS was off? Was it 1-2 mms or was it more like 10? If he gets on the podium he should slap a suitcase of cash on the nose of the Red Bull and climb into the cockpit. The precedence has been set. Only a fine to touch a competitors car in parq ferme.

That DQ was BS if it was close to the 85 mm opening since they’ve never failed before, sky sports said it passed going out, this track isn’t a huge DRS advantage track and Verstappen just so happened to touch the exact thing that didn’t pass. At the very least him touching it caused doubt as to how it failed. The Sky Sports interview of Horner was soft ball journalism. Let him spew the BS that every driver does it. How many actually touch another teams car? ZERO

I’m with Toto. F Red Bull, F Verstappen, F Horner and F Ginger Spice just for good measure.

Tifosi likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

What I saw was 2 mm.

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Race Control: "ok, once Bottas let's Hamilton through, put out the safety car so HAM can be right behind both Red Bulls."

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Checo did a great job there serpentining around...

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I bet Dr. A5 saw Hamilton push Verstappen off the track. :crackup: