1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK|Round 11|Portimao,Portugal|Oct 1-3

Discussion in 'General' started by 88/532, Oct 1, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

What have they said on Euro Sport?

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

couldnt we conclude that the time on the Duc over here allowed for him to do so well in WSBK? here he was on all new tracks and was basically just a fraction off all year. we know hes good but he isnt toni elias good

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Definitely Monday morning quarterbacking here, but if Redding's got a couple of tenths going into T1 but he KNOWS Toprak is going to dive bomb, he should've stayed super tight and forced Toprak to go around the outside of him through 1 and 2. At least that's what I was screaming at my TV when I was watching the race.

SundaySocial likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Lol, you and me both........but easier said then done when you've got an ounce of self preservation on your mind and a mad dive bomber ready to plow into you.

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This came to my attention on another BBS:

Les Pearson to be replaced as Garrett Gerloff's crew chief (or chief engineer, I'm not sure of his exact title). Pearson is very respected in the paddock and has been a tireless cheerleader for Gerloff this season. Seems odd timing considering Gerloff appears to be getting back on form and Pearson was definitely happy to be in his corner.

Post from Les Pearson this morning on Instagram:

276motorsport
    What can I say, me and this guy had something good going and for sure we would have won together, his talent is undeniable, due to some small minds, miss information and politics we will no longer work together, I won't write anymore at this time because I am extremely upset by this, we have been treated badly that's all I will say. I wish @GarrettGerloff all the best for the future and maybe we'll work together again mate.

Namarow likes this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Redding knows that taking the defensive line is the slower line. Toprak isn’t going to go to the inside when there isn’t space, he’ll set up for the exit most likely. Redding just seems to want tot take his lines and not be stood up. Well, that’s racing. If he doesn’t like it on lap 3 that’s a him problem and he needs to deal with it. But hung about it isn’t going to change him getting beat by Toprak.

Toprak is a very clean rider. This race he had some contact, not bad contact and certainly nothing like we haven’t seen before in WSBK through the years. SBK used to be known as the bar bashing series and if you weren’t comfortable with that , go to GP or a national series.
    Now that every one is friends in the paddock, rivalries are lost. Toprak doesn’t care about those friendships, he wants to win and if it takes a little bar banging, he’s comfortable with that. Like he said “maybe Jonny and Scott are scared but I’m not”

Rea used to be very aggressive and made lives that weren’t penalized(nor did I think they should be) many many times before. Think Donnington ‘08,09?? Now, he can’t ride comfortable at 95% and beat the field, he has to be at 100% and he’s not happy about that. He’s made more mistakes this year than in all of the past 6 years because of it. He’s given Toprak as good as he’s getting also, Toprak touched Rea once in a move that didn’t quite work out, Rea did the same.
    I think Rea is just getting older and like most of us as we age, we look at things with a bit more hesitation.
    I hope Rea keeps up the fight and gives as good as he gets; I still want Toprak to win and sweep the green paint at every race to the end of the season.

KneeDragger_c69 and cav115 like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

We landed on the moon several pages ago with a direct screenshot.

418 likes this.
  8. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Steve English told me he was going to dig into this on this weeks Paddock Pass podcast. Would love to know what has been happening here.

Peter Hively, stk0308, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

What’s the point, to choose sides? People need to leave it alone. Garrett damned sure doesn’t need more media hoopla/bs right now.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I didn't read that far back. So, where's Johnny? I feel slighted. Didn't I earn it?

11. 88/532

Toprak has already told them to bring it on. Funny Johnny says the people Toprak is passing are on the limit and Toprak is not. What the hell does that mean? Sounds like a concession speech maybe.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It sounds like an honest assessment of the situation.

cav115, TX Joose, CR750 and 1 other person like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sure you're read. You're in every WSBK threads. Run searches for Andrea Dosoli and Eric de Seynes in the last couple of months. It's about the latter trying to reverse the impact of what the former did on GG's psyche.

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. 88/532

I guess he’s admitting no one has anything for Toprak. And he should know best, that’s been everyone’s dilemma with him and Kawasaki for years.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

From where are you deducting this conclusion? Look at the stats much? They're neck in neck.

If anything Rea looks like the one Toprak needs to have something for.

Toprak:

Year Cat. Poles Races Podiums Wins P2 P3 Best Race Lap Pos.
    2021 Superbike 2 32 25 11 8 6 7 1

Rea:

Year Cat. Poles Races Podiums Wins P2 P3 Best Race Lap Pos.
    2021 Superbike 8 32 25 11 7 7 14 2

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

There is only one metric in that list that counts, and it undermines your point.
    Kinda like most of your posts, really.

23103a likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

I think this is the second time in recent memory that you've made some smart ass comment towards me? I guess trying to incite a reaction?

I skim right over your posts and pretty much always have. Maybe you should do the same? Or is there somebody holding a gun to your head forcing you to read what I post?

So anyways, here it is.

Go fuck yourself.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. 88/532

Sounds like he thinks no one has anything for him to me. Complaining about limits that apparently don’t pertain to Toprak.

418 likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Maybe you need to work at your skimming?

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Mind games are officially going down.