1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd love to (I love that watch) but I'm clearing out, not adding. :D

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Well let me know when you’re ready. It’s just sitting here collecting dust and I feel kinda bad that it’s not being used enough

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

If any of the Invicta's have Seiko movements, I might be interested. I know they made some with NH36, 7S26, etc. I would also be interested in any that accidentally had good movements :). I know they even had some Valjoux 7750 or even some COSC certified chronometers.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've only had a cursory inspection, but most of the chronos look to be quartz/meca-quartz and battery operated.

I'll definitely let you know. Goal is to get all 75 into the spreadsheet, and then post here. I"ll asterisk any special ones.
    I'd rather see them go to folks here & avoid the ebay stuff with as much as possible.

SteveThompson likes this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

OK, so I knew that if I was ever going to purchase another watch it would have to be something that connected with me.

Since it came out, the movie Interstellar has been one of my favorite films, if not my favorite of all time.

Last week I watched the movie with my 15 year old daughter who was seeing it for the first time. As we reached the final 30 minutes or so (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it), and it becomes apparent just how pivotal this timepiece is to the central theme of the story and the relationship between the main character and his daughter, my little girl is sobbing in my arms. We've never connected over a film in that way, and I have to say it was one of those moments you love to have as a parent.

Turns out the watch in the movie is Hamilton Khaki, and a rather classically attractive one at that. It also turns out that Hamilton released a specific version of the watch called the "Murph" that includes some special touches, notably a bit of morse code on the seconds hand that alludes to a moment in the film.

Needless to say, I had to have it, and it's on the way as I type this....

[​IMG]

thrak410, ChemGuy and Jedb like this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

That looks good. I like that it is a no date. The Khaki doesn’t always look right with the date window locations they pick.

7. NemesisR6

Finally arrived yesterday. Loving it.

She's a biggun, and at 52mm lug-to-lug it's at the limit of what I can pull off on my 7" wrist, but the lugs themselves contour nicely towards the edge.

It's got the standard buckle on it now, but I'm going to have a same style strap in a deployant put on tomorrow.

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg

Montoya, j cal, Phl218 and 6 others like this.
  8. Ive said it on here before, IMO the Hamilton Khaki is one of the best value for a daily watch out there.

Montoya and NemesisR6 like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bang for the buck, I'd say it's always on the podium in the premier class. :up:

NemesisR6 likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

Yup. Really timeless designs in their lineup, esp the Khaki, and the overall quality and finish is punching well above its weight.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I sell my next watch, a Khaki (to me) will be part of the deal.

I'm full on 'tarded for IWCs. I'm huffing paint over Khakis. :D

NemesisR6 likes this.
  12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I've almost bought the Murph a few times myself.. I just kept holding out for the Tudor that I got last summer which is similar but its a bit smaller which fits my wrists better.

13. I went full tard on IWC’s a few years ago. I should probably get rid of a couple, watches are my way of money laundering from the wife :)

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Had a big pilot, you have a pilot chrono black face? I dig the pilot watches.

15. kh777

kh777 Member

Wow the lug to lug length is larger than I imagined. I remember looking at the limited release tesseract(?) packaging when it first came out, but hesitated to pull the trigger. Great looking piece. Congrats.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Hi Steve, I've gotten 65 of the 71 inventoried. So far, only 3 Invictas have had Automatic movements. 2x NH35 and 1x Miyota. They are the Invicta version of the Submariner. 1x Gold/Stainless + blue dial + Submariner Bezel. 1x All Stainless + blue dial + Submariner Bezel, 1x Stainless + blue dial & Omega Seamaster styled bezel. There's also an Android watch with an Automatic Seagull movement. Dual crown with the upper crown controlling the inner rotating bezel. Willing to make a deal on these 4.

There are a LOT of oversized Quartz Chronograph styled watches. Some with standard chrono functions (Sec/Min/Hr) and some with other variations.
    Also have some "Russian Diver" series, if you want to pull out your best Flava-Flav imitation and size up to a 48 or 50.

Will send you the list as soon as I'm done entering it into a spreadsheet. PM me your email, please.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

18. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Much poorer that most in this thread. Grabbing something for the wife. Looking at these two. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Not for me, I can’t do the imitation stuff for any materials.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Citizen if she likes 2-tone... not sure about your wife, but worrying about a battery is a deal breaker and EcoDrive lasts forever and low maintenance.