1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robo calls/texts.

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Jul 15, 2021.

1. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I'm sure everyone receives their fair share of robo calls and texts and all kind of subjects. I continue to receive texts about buying my house that my son and his family lives in. I've decided to have fun with them and maybe one will buy it for my asking price

Attached Files:

TurboBlew, MELK-MAN and Sweatypants like this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

One good thing about covid is robocalls drop to almost nothing but now they're back

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

my coworker got one and decided to speak only in spanish to them to mess with them. a week later, they called back in spanish.

4. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL I asked for $600k and a signed letter from Benjamin Franklin from an auction at Sotheby's (current comps about $440k). They just said well consider them if I went to sell, pretty nice about it I guess haha.

ruckusracing likes this.
  6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I get letters in the mail that say "We buy ugly houses" offering to by my place for cash. My place is the last one on the block that is the original size (<1000 sqft). This block was built in the '40's for returning GI's.

I know I don't live in the Taj Mahal, but damn.

SGVRider and ruckusracing like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried the Spanish but the guy spoke waaaaaay better Spanish then me. He smirked, I smirked and switched to only speaking German. He said “I thought you only spoke Spanish.” “No, I only speak German” to him in Spanish.

Last was the people offering to buy my crap shack for $400k. “You’re $70k off, jughead, come back with $450k in cash with a shit ton of blow and we’ll talk.”

SGVRider, Tifosi and ruckusracing like this.
  8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

So you bought it new then?:D

9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the iOS feature that silences unknown callers.

10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Yep. My Pixel has a call-screening feature built-in as well. If I don't recognize number, I can select a button to screen call. Automated prompt asks the caller who they are and the nature of the call, and it transcripts to me via text in real-time. I can either answer or deny / block the call. I can also listen to the audio of the caller if the text transcription isn't accurate due to accents or intelligibility.

Greatest phone feature in the last 5 years.

11. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

My G6 has call screening, they hang up.