1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | VIRginia International Raceway | May 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, May 12, 2021.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is related, but the announcers were talking about the Ducati team having applied a global power reduction of 40% (that seemed really hight to me) for Saturday and they actually reduced that a little bit for Sunday. Baz mentioned he wasn't get enough drive out of the corners.

It would have been nice to see a closer SS race on Sunday but it was nice to see Escalante back on the top step. I hope we get to see some more battles like we did last year.

418 likes this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I heard that too, I have to assume, IF it was a 40% reduction it wasnt across the board. It would be at certain gear/throttle position/RPM. They are not taking 80-100hp off the bike.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quite simply the motorcycle events don't draw enough to justify the expense. They'll get repainted before a big car event.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last time Road Atlanta was repainted would have been prior to Petit Lemans las fall.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Stinkin Euros wear their pants too tight...:D

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I`m not sure, but typically, a global change is across the board.

So assuming 250 ish horse for that WSBK spec duc, that leaves 150 HP.

Not sure about the straight, but probably plenty for the rest of VIR.

7. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I was visiting HSBK peeps and was there when Jamie stopped in for her notes. 38% was the number but didn't hear where exactly it was taken out of. The bike was basically spinning and losing so much drive, they neutered it quite a bit.
    A little more than they wanted and to the point they were pissed that Herrin and Petersen were able to hang with the Baz. They tickled the Ducati a bit for Sunday though, but was still spinning more than they wanted.

cav115, jksoft and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That sounds like a lot…

cav115 likes this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

250 hp? FACK!

10. 418

418 Expert #59

I mean a stock V4R supposedly makes 234HP. So 250HP is certainly within reach. Crank figures and all but still crazy.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Za-Ham

Za-Ham Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure this was sorta tried back in the ama days. We all know how that went. I don’t think the stock 1000 guys make enough money from contingency and their sponsorships to justify building a superbike. I don’t know what exactly it costs but I’m thinking its a pretty big 5 digit number. Standboli has a contract with yamaha and wyman has real sponsors. That’s why their not complaining. I don’t think anyone knows what the answer is. But, if you look back a couple years, things are definitely getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senna and 418 like this.
  12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Isn't that the setup where RLH is supposed to jump in and tell the viewer exactly what the rules are?

I'm not defending Robbie Floyd's overall announcing, but how many times each broadcast does he lob a softball question out there for some input and all the viewer hears is silence?

Gixxerguy855 and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I have considered that, and I will agree that Roger is still evolving as an announcer.

I know I have bias on this topic (of which I have been pretty vocal).

Honestly, I am hoping that Jason Weigandt (sp?) was not just a one off weekend deal, but signs of a change to come.

Gixxerguy855 and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

ISH...:D

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I disagree. MA is the pro series. I haven't swung a leg over a bike in anger in 10 years and even when I did race, the only big bike I ever had on track was a TLR. And I was never a "fast guy." If I win the lottery tomorrow, should I be able to go buy a Graves ZX and grid up in stk1k?

16. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Over the last 2 years, I've really come to appreciate Roger Lee's commentary. I think casual viewers probably don't appreciate him as much, because he hasn't quite developed a sports commentator's "voice". But for folks like us on this BBS, I think he provides very interesting insight into what's happening, things that I hadn't noticed or was aware of despite following this sport closely for 20+ years.

I hadn't heard of this Jason Weigandt before. But I was impressed. Hopefully he becomes a bigger part of the broadcast.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Thankfully, Robbie floyd won't be at Road America, but I wonder who will replace him in the booth and who they will have in the pits.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you won enough money you could get on the grid for the 24 hours of Daytona or LeMans or world endurance etc etc etc so why not?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's a bit more to it than just walking up with money. You still have to get licensed.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Man I used to love F1. Actually missed a family wedding to attend the first one back in America at Indy in 2000 with 4 friends, I talked into going with me.

I don’t even have enough interest to watch the DVR’d races anymore, and I’m getting it “for free” in whatever package we pay for.

Maybe someday it will get interesting to me again. I do find it helps put me to sleep. Lolol

CR750 and Senna like this.