1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The thread for lame excuses of why you're not currently racing

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 21, 2021.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I had 3 daughters between 2015 and 2019.....

418 likes this.
  2. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Just too old. Freaking 70.

Pixelator, Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, this is how I'm feeling right now. I have bikes in the garage and even a sponsor shop that will fix them up for me, I just don't have the desire. But I'm still holding on to two transponders just in case I get the urge again. If I sell them, I know I'm officially done.

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Got bit by the LD bug.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Kids

time

risk

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My leathers don’t fit anymore

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

This thread really doesn't apply to me anymore:beer: ......Dam that felt good to say!!:crackup:.....Just get yer dead-arses back out there ya lazy facks!!!:Poke: I dont take it as serious as I used to, I'm slowing down in more ways than 1, but its fun! I'm smart enough to stay out of the way, but run mid-pack.

9 yrs off, but with a ride here and there. It feels good to be "Back".

I bought back one of my old bikes over the winter. It feels really good to be back in the pits. :rock: I plan to hit a couple tracks I've never been to this year (Grattan, maybe Blackhawk, going to Sturgis and Montana from there)....I started off with a couple "old reliable" tracks this year, Roebling and CMP.

I'm equipped better, and not on such a tight budget as I used to be, that helps (more relaxed), which makes it fun. My expectations are lower :)

I'm planning to retire at 60 in January 2022. I need to figure out healthcare, but it could be a good year. I plan to go out west if it works out.....I'd love to do Road America, we shall see how that plays out.....Mid Ohio is on the list.....Laguna / Willow.

I guess documenting excuses could help with drive :rolleyes:, but biggest thing for me was "Just frikkin relax"!!!!!

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Unloading at this point HURTS !!

9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'll let you ride your old 300 anytime you like!

baconologist likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Now I have the perfect job for racing weekends... but cant go solo. Though I have a friend out west that has gotten bit by the racing bug so I might be able to do some AFM or CVMA rounds soon. That might parlay into some SE wera rounds.

11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I blew my back out at Roebling last weekend. I was scrubbing in a new set of tires in the first practice, came back to the pit and did it when I was getting off of the bike. I laid down in the trailer and stretched, went back out in the second session, but could only do four laps before everything started locking up. I got lucky with the guys I was pitted across from. They helped me load up - I can't remember their names, but I'm pretty sure the riders bike # was Ex 17 and he had a beard like he was in ZZ Top. I'll be bringing a six pack for those guys in July. In the meantime, all of the entrance fees and expenses that were going towards Cycle Jam are going to my chiropractor so he can get me up and running again.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Metalhead and ToofPic like this.
  12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Because I last raced at Road Atlanta in 2010 and haven't ridden a motorcycle since that day.

13. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

I'm not currently racing because it's Saturday and I have to mow the lawn. However next weekend I'll be racing at Heartland Park with Ahrma.

Didn't Peter Data can say "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” I guess I'm too weak to quit.

Gino230, racer_11, seroj and 2 others like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that in cars, or flat tracking?
    I still have two transponders, but I’m so lame they are from when Tyler raced. When I raced they used an abacus and paper. :D
    Well those tires I was going to give you are probably too old now, but let me know when you come out and maybe I can come out and help. Who knows there is a 50% chance I may even try motorcycle road racing again.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Gino230 and rd400racer like this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Kids and no time.

I feel lucky I've been able to do a few track days with STT here and there. Still love it.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Does being at VIR this weekend allow me any cool points?

Gino230 likes this.
  17. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Really don't want to add to my concussion count.

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I understand these words.

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Because you’re not the boss of me. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Flat tracking. I think the 450 singles would be a fun class to work towards. :)

motion and Boman Forklift like this.