1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The thread for lame excuses of why you're not currently racing

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 21, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I mean everyone here is a beeb millionaire and laden with crypto investments right? Even Cortez should be racing.

I have a bunch of racebikes but don't race because I somehow can't find the time to drive 10 hours to the nearest track, I guess. I need a cool 4 stroke racebike that I just plug into the battery tender between races and makes it easy to get to the track. I could race Miller once or twice a year if the stars align. Those are my excuses.

ToofPic likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm old and lame.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The battery tender really isn't required

4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

My SV needs a new battery, subframe made for the GSXR superbike tail and GSXR 1000 bodywork to be mounted

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'm old and slow.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Sabre699 likes this.
  6. ton

ton Arf!

somebody tried to end me at my last track day. i tried to come back three years later. started over with a school weekend. realized midway through there was a reason i broke up with this particular "girlfriend"... sometimes it's just time.

7. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t having fun anymore. Smile per dollars just wasn’t there.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Well, currently I’m in the shitter.

9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I'm old, fat, fragile and 16 seasons was a lot. I've got more, but that's the popular cliff notes for the beeb.:(

10. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Broke as phuck...

motoboy likes this.
  11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

When they went to electric start on motobikes, no more kick/bump starts, I said it has gotten too wimpy for me.
    No thanks.

fred.JPG

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did a face off against a 13 year old 5 times, beat him on the clamp, plunged and popped 5 times. 6th time my knee locked my back spasmed and I had to be lifted up off my knee.

My body is shot.

13. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Hmm... where to begin...
    FZR750RT
    * Work/job.
    * Bike needs safety wired.
    * My front brakes need. serviced!!!
    *I still have antifreeze in her.
    * I need to figure out how to get the rev limiter to work on the IGNItech ecu I got for the 750.
    *Work/job.

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

No talent, couldn't afford medical care and got the shite scared outta me in B Group :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Time.

I do arrive and drive karting a la Josh Owens, I punt little kids off the track, and I don't turn a wrench. Sick.

16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Taking a break finally allowed me to pay my credit cards off. I even bought a boat and obsessing over that & fishing is far cheaper than racing. That plus a few trackdays on the stack of takeoffs in my garage is keeping me fulfilled.

Pixelator and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

low blow haha

my primRy goal right now is saving money. My lady is starting pharmacist school soon so I want a fat cushion before I do anything like get mangled any more than I am with racing

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If’n I had the cash to do all the surgeries, the pr and the stem cell treatments to take me back to 30 I doubt I’d go roadracing again. I don’t think my brain could keep up now. Nope, I’d go back to my first love - dirty track.

grasshopper and j cal like this.
  19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anyone to race anymore years ago after beating some kid on a Hoonda CBR999RRr-R on my RD 250 my dad built me with TZ pistons. Guys just quit showing up at the local tacks.

Went to the Dragon when I got old enough and by this time I had a 350 with Bassanis and flatslides stolen off a KZ 1000. I raced a couple guys with real race licenses and they seemed scared to break the speed limit or cross medians so I figured I'd keep racing old fat guys in Corvettes for cash money instead.
    After I finally got my dream job roughnecking in Southwest Texas during the summer I was finally able to purchase a brand new Daytona Special which my cousin Hoss ported and polished as he'd learned tuning working on diesels in the Army before he got kicked out. I took off the centerstand and all the street crap and got it so light the front wheel just skipped the surface in the first 4 gears. I had to put friction tape on the seat to keep from sliding off.
    During all this I broke all my fingers and toes at least once, my collarbone and had a couple concussions from wrecks. I had to lay it down in gravel when a tractor pulled out in front of me and got gravel road rash, the worst kind. After my friends mom who was a nurse and roadsign holder part time picked gravel out with tweezers and wiped my forearm with betadine I swore never to ride in anger again.
    Now I have an animal rescue where we rehome exotic pets to vertically challenged seniors and use local convicts reentering society to run the farm. I still have the Daytona and Bridgestone 350. I take them out late on weeknights occasionally but I'm to old to take a chance somewhere dangerous like a track.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m old and have 2 kids. Wifey no likey the risk.