1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | VIRginia International Raceway | May 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, May 12, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It would be cool if Brian Kraget (sp) came out of retirement. He goes blistering fast around VIR on a lightweight bike

notbostrom, Metalhead, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pretty good. Several areas to view from

BigBird likes this.
  3. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Holy moly, 2 hour virtual chat? Sorry, cannot hold attention that long. Dudes, shorten that right up to 15-30 minutes...

YamahaRick, Thistle and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

You ever watch or listen on x2 speed?

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe a few years ago but doubtful he could keep up now unless I've missed something (which is quite possible). Kraget was indeed blistering fast. But the twins class in MA has pushed those bikes and riders to a completely new territory. They have absolutely smashed the lightweight records at every track since that class came around, by as much as 3-4 seconds at many places if I remember correctly. Parrish is probably one of the easiest riders to track this with. He was right there with Kraget as one of the fastest guys in the country on a lightweight bike pre-MA twins. And he still is now. But he's had to get significantly faster in recent years to maintain that status. Having not competed at that level for a few years when so much advancement has happened in such a short time, I suspect it would be quite a tall order to expect Kraget would be competitive.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I bet he could in very short time. When you're fast, you're fast. I don't think you really ever lose it. Rob Fisher was fast in MA twins and I don't know what kind of time he took off, but it had to be a good bit. Same with Kris Turner.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

They should be there. They had to buy another bike to get a motor to make it. Parts for the original motor were on the far reaches of the earth..literally.

AC1108 and henry_carlson like this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Twins Cup Entry list?

I can never find the damn thing on the MA site..

9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

RRP likes this.
  10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not sure why Jody isn't on the list. Pretty sure he and the team are down at VIR.

11. 2blueYam

Yep. P1 in Practice 1 by almost a full second.

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Can someone please post the live timing site link? I'm trying to google it... nothing. And I can't find it on the MotoAmerica site

13. rice r0cket

14. 2blueYam

The '"LIVE TIMING" link is on the grey menu bar above the "LATEST NEWS" and below the picture of the bikes. The schedule, entry list, results, etc. links are also on that same bar.

15. Boom

Boom Active Member

I guess live + isn't showing practice etc this round?

16. 2blueYam

17. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Schultz, Fong at the top of P2. Baz P5, .5 sec back

18. rice r0cket

Damn, 37 riders in STK1000?

Is this a track day?

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Great to see they all closed the gap on Gagne. I was afraid this was going to be another Gagne runaway. Nothing against him, I'd just like to see some close racing.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is the KTM 390 Tyler Scott is on not one of the typical Cup Bikes? or is he just that quick? or both?