1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pipeline hack will conveniently shift the blame for higher gas prices from other entities to those pesky Russkies.

If the play works, keep running it.

Seven poop scoop trucks and over 50 mobile grooming vans under our corporate umbrella means WE GOTTA HAVE GAS!

Thankfully we have a 3000 gallon tank out behind the shop, I just gotta convince the C-suite that we ought to be holding on to that & buying gas from nearby convenience stores if we can.

Nobody ever listens to my good ideas until it's too late, though. :mad:

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had to run around yesterday and fill our vans up.I told em days before and no one listens.
    My dumbass sister was out taking kids to softball yesterday in her hog SUV.
    Kept telling me it's ok ! It's gonna be fixed this weekend .
    I also talked to UPS yesterday.
    The gas guzzlers were eating up the local pumps, and one UPS driver was telling me they would be dead in the water soon in the gas vehicles.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So I have 4 - 5 gallon jugs full. I thinking an opening bid of $500. Who will give $525? :D

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You forgot.. no lowballs. I know what I have LOL

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:D

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Laying in bed watching the news a couple mins ago and they showed a guy with a red truck (looked like a newer Silverado maybe?) with Yamaha and WERA stickers filling up. Which one of you is out hoarding all the gas?!!!

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

No lines in central PA, but price for premium spiked up ten cents to $3.69...

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did they mention the gear ratio or how many spools of Romex it could carry? Might help us narrow it down.

cpettit and pickled egg like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My truck is purple, you Neanderthal. :moon:

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I woke up at 5a and was able to find some gas this morning at a chevron. Filled the truck and (1) 5gal jug, went home and grabbed the commuter which was sitting on "E" after yesterday, dropped a couple gal in from the jug, zipped up to the same station and lines were already forming. This is just stupid.

Paid $2.89/gal (+$0.10/gal for credit card usage, I hate that!) ...

11. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

If anybody decides not go go to the roebling trackday on Friday let me know. I am willing to purchase your advanced spot!

12. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

If you are coming through the south Alabama/west part of Florida panhandle there is a shortage but it's not out. Ours comes from a different pipeline out of Mississippi. I filled up this morning with no line at $3.15/gallon while the station less than 2 miles away is out completely

SpeedyTide likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just paid 2.99 for 87 but ALL 3 grades were the same price. :confused:

14. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

What is the diesel situation like down south?

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

50cal

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I absolutely do think that. Increased demand by double and triple or more is the entire reason for the shortage. That isn't even remotely in doubt.

noles19 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty okay for right now. Getting info from the track on the deal in Savannah and going to decide for sure what the plan is later today.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Paid $2.65 this morning. Haven't seen any issues in central and eastern SC.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  19. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Now on the market...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.