1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shouldn't be but dunno, going to do a bunch more looking at it all tomorrow.

Waterboy likes this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The loading racks here in Doraville are not up,and fuel trucks are not!! Running,thus the stations are not getting fuel here in Ga.
    There's quite a bit of computer that goes into scheduling and input at the loading racks.
    If the system is down/hacked ain't no one doing anything.
    Ga. Is projecting being back up by this weekend.
    It will most likely take at least two weeks to even think about catching up with all the empty gas stations.
    Most stations will empty out the holding tanks at least two times a year and it's ball's to the wall filling those places back up, without the stations closing the pumps.
    This shortage at the pump is gonna hurt if you know what it takes to get one driver loaded, and delivery to just one gas station.
    My 2cents!

3. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Here in the south Raleigh/Durham area almost every station is dry. Those that aren't have a half mile long line. The wife filled up Sat, daughter's car last night, and my car has 3/4 of a tank. Also have 10 gal of non-ethanol for the mowers. I can't believe my little country store 2 miles down the road is even dry!

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So you think everyone filling up their cars is last two days is what’s causing ALL stations to run dry? Really?

we’ll see when the stations are still dry a week from now. No way will it still be gas hoarders by then.

that pipeline feeds 45% of fuel in the south East. But yea, it’s everyone topping up their tanks.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    ToofPic likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, but it's bound to cause some shortages. Trucks and trains aren't going to magically pick up the slack immediately, if at all. They don't keep a lot of extra capacity "just in case". The immediate shortages will be from everybody filling up and some people hoarding but gas is difficult to hoard. Most people don't have the ability to store gas.

Beyond that, I cannot comment due to the danger of wandering into forbidden territory.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I didn't stay home like most in the lab during the Wuhan. Maybe I will get a gas home work stint.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I remember when that same fucking pipeline from that same fucking refinery was damaged by the hurricane. Hardly any fuel here for months. One would think that this country would learn from stupid shit like this, and make corrections. A pipeline taken down by hackers, gmafb. It's just like too big to fail, and those banks are much bigger than before. Repeat over and over. This country is a mickey mouse organization.

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If you want to blame mainstream media that is ok.

Don't blame the day to day ops guys in the oil industry.
    They aren't missing a beat.

Allow me to guess what your television set brainwashed you with tonight: ........"unprecedented......blah blah blah...unprecedented...........blah blah blah...........unprecedented "

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

To whom party are you addressing tony?

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The same fools that went crazy buying toilet paper a year ago because all their friends were.

Did the Kimberly Clark suppliers and plants just suddenly decide to stop making shit paper ?

No.

Mainstream media brainwashed the fuck out of people.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

This gas thing has blown up faster because peeps have learned from the t.p. debacle.....GET OUT EARLY. I'd say that this thing will play out every time there is a hiccup with any commodity now. Ammo? AR's?

I went to the grocery store a few weeks back to get some supplies for our office and shop bathrooms. I hate going to get that shit. I bought 2 of the jumbo packs of paper towels and the cashier said no go. Limit one. It's more than a year later and they're still on the Covid rationing.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ARs are cheap as all f@ck. You can get a nice one for less then the cost of a base Mini14.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What, Palmetto? NTTAWT

The Springfield .223 and .308 pistols I ordered never came. Could get one on GB for +$2k!

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Plus, the only ammo that I can find in quantity is Russian made, still 556 is $.75 to $1!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There are three calibers of rounds that matter: 7.62X51 NATO, .45 and 12 gauge. Everything else is swishy swashy, light in the loafers. :D

Might convince me that 7.62X39 is okay but. . . :D

17. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Some shortages coming for sure. Per CBS, Colonial Pipeline has stated they've delivered 40M gallons of fuel through this evening, but that's ~20% of what the pipeline can deliver over a 4-day period. I'm in SW Orlando and our small local station only has premium, and people were lining up for it. And, this being Florida, Gov has already declared a state of emergency...

I'll stay away from the DarkSide also.

18. 2 major differences.

1. I didn’t start doing that till the dumbfuckism was over. Now, the shelves are fully stocked.

2. I only grab one package at a time.

Me taking one packages when the shelves are fully stocked doesn’t hurt anything. :moon:

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A refinery in TX on the other end of that pipeline had to shut down two-thirds of its production because they can't store the stuff.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Filled up the truck with diesel this morning. $2.65/gal....price was down from last week. SC area, a little east of Columbia...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.