1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I would have just replied with....

"...and yet, here you are"

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You should have gone all Stevie Wonder rocking your head from side to side looking around and replied "Who said that?"

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Shell gas in general has the biggest spread from reg to premium. I believe their 93 doesn't have ethanol.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I keep this shirt in a short rotation these days

messages_0.jpeg

Sabre699, Ducti89 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Don't be able to expect to just put a train back on the tracks after it's ran off the rails in glorious, car crumpling, fashion!

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours holds 140 :eek: Granted I fill up early so I don't kill the boss when the bill arrives. Last nights top off was 80 gallons at 2.90

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Bad thing is that when it gets to expensive the card shuts off and I only get two hits before the won't let a third happen. I imagine a total fill at 140 is pricey even when gas is cheap. Isn't yours diesel also?

8. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

where do you live to get 0 ethonol gas. its almost impossible in illinois. damn adm is pimping alcohol like they own the state.

9. Tennessee.

There are several places to get it in my city. One of them is right down from the house.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s a very good point, I didn’t consider.

Out here premium is only 91 and I don’t think you can get non ethanol gasoline, unless you buy race gas? Maybe in the farming areas in the Bakersfield, Fresno, Stockton areas, but I’m not even sure you can buy it anywhere in the state?

BigBird likes this.
  11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Have you checked gas stations right around marinas? Boats aren't supposed to use any kind of ethanol based gas. Around my area, there's always gas stations that will often have a pump with just non-ethanol for the fishermen.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven’t, will have to check that out as it would be great fir 4 stroke dirt bikes and generators. It seems with 2 stroke premix, I don’t have issues with the carbs even after sitting a long time.

Thanks for the marina idea. :beer:

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I paid 3.39 for non-ethanol today (92), regular was 2.75, not sure what premium was. That was in Eastern Ky. I've often bought it travelling south to race in Gate City on the Va/TN line, I don't remember it being that much more expensive than regular gas.

14. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

There's an app called PureGas that shows a list of gas stations nearest to your location with Ethanol free fuel.

https://www.pure-gas.org

15. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Got anything to back that up? Always pump Shell. Noticed getting 3-4 mpg better in the impreza if I splurge on 93 vs 87. Less ethanol in 93 would explain that. E10 dropped my VFR750 from 57 to 46 mpg.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it's diesel but I'm using a Pilot/FlyingJ RV PLus card which works as a credit card (must be paid electronically monthly) so I can get the truck pumps to turn on (when Pilot bought Flying J regular card stopped working on the semi truck pumps) so no limit other than the $1500 or so monthly one. Also saves me a nickel a gallon on diesel and like seven cents on gasoline which is nice.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Why does this exchange bring this up?
    upload_2021-4-27_13-18-42.jpeg

I can relate

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:D:D:beer::beer:
    My fucking hero.....:beer:
    Dogs before most human fuckers. :D

Gorilla George and kangasj like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Most?

If I was on a doomed airplane with me, my dog, and another person, I can count on one hand the people that would get the second parachute before my dog.

If you're reading this, I have some bad news... o_O

crashman, kangasj and Gorilla George like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.