1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by assjuice cyrus, Mar 30, 2021.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So we got our son a moriwaki md250. Bikes tach doesnt work. It sweeps when powered on, but doesnt work when bike is running. Some one mentioned just putting an AIM dash on it? I am just confused how that would work with no ecm? I am sure i am over thinking it.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

check for a loose wire at the coil or where the ignition rotor is. Simple stuff first. :D

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

O I did.

4. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Check for corrosion at both ends of the cable. Or cables if this is analog speedo and digital display inset. If the fittings are brass, then greenish or even dark-brownish color is reason enough to burnish them. Same for all metal connectors, bolts and nuts. Beyond that, I got nothin'.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Most of Tyler’s bikes did not have a working tach other than his R6, and his 125.

i would just use an aim dash if you can’t get the stocker to work. I don’t really remember how it worked, but I remember either ours or a friends didn’t work.

6. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

7. I also have a Moriwaki 250 with a non-functional tacho...I installed a Vapor Trail Tech (752-119) and hooked up the power and tach feature, it comes with a speedo wheel sensor and internal temp sensor. With the tach you will also get an Accumulated Run Time function that is useful. I'm pleased with it so far.