1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Quite sure hes laughing all the way to the bank...
    He was consistently the only rider to beat MM head to head and you're hating on him for asking what he perceives his worth? How about your company offers you a huge paycut when you are their best employee by far the last 5 years? Then are YOU sucking dicks for Nickels in your shitbox Audi? LOL

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If we get to see accurate test times for Dovi's day on the Ape next month, I'd wager a LOT of money that he's nowhere close to Aleix's times on that bike at that track.

AE is maybe the most under-rated GP racer of recent and he makes that bike look way better than it actually is. Every single team mate including Iannone who battled with and beat Dovi on the same Factory Duc - was not close to Aleix on that bike.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

+100%
    Dovi would probably finish more races if he ended up taking the job but I'm certain he wouldn't be faster.

Only reason I've never felt bad for Aleix never being on the right bike in the right year is that he comes across as such a hot-headed asshole on a regular basis. No ill will towards him at all, but I don't lose any sleep over him never getting a real shot. :D

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

A quick rundown of Aleix Esparago's accomplishments, via JL99

Attached Files:

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hopefully we will get to see. I just don't see Dovi finishing 17th in the Championship riding any bike.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Stranger things have happened.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Like the second-tier Suzuki rider winning the crown? Yep.

Quicktoy, stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I can't disagree with that either but then again I'd have never guessed at Valentino on the Factory Yamaha finishing 15th or Crutchlow finishing 18th - so there's that I guess.

Dovi has 3 full days in a row to test on a known track under what's likely going to be ideal test conditions - ie: no excuses.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, I had an American mind but yeah, we're thinking along the same lines. Hell, our statements are not mutually exclusive. :D

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And 14 more pages just for that!

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

It may have been the 'Murican neutered version with less hp than a stock 600. Probably not, but it was my first deranged thought when I first read about it.

12. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

And what if the new Aprilia is good what could Joe have done with it.

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree with Simon Crafar when he talked about Aprilia at the end of the year.

Paraphrasing here, but he basically said based off the the trajectory of the Aprilia, now was the time to hop on it.

He said this when talking about Joe Robert's potentially taking that seat, but I thought it applied to Dovi too when he was getting linked to it.

Also, I think Dovi is figuring out a sabbatical is a lot less fun than riding the Aprilia would be.

BigBird likes this.
  14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

CamBo interview

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Dovi was never going to be on the Honda. Period. Past contract history, and Honda has Bradl. As far as testing the Aprilia, funny that now that it actually looks competitive, what that will do to change someone's mind about riding it. Whether Mr. Roberts made a mistake in not moving up remains to be seen.

ShadowBoxer and stk0308 like this.
  16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

According to
    David Emmett on the Paddock Pass Podcast it wasn't slow and he wasn't slow - like a couple seconds off the GP lap times (albeit with the new config). My guess is as full fat of one as they could make it and still count it a "street bike"

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

BigBird likes this.
  18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Marc was out at in Portugal spinning some more laps....

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Cam is looking lean and fit there. Proper physical preparation and the mature head on his shoulders will pay dividends for him.

It's also nice that he confirmed what we all seemed to know regarding why he stuck around in MotoAmerica for so long.

I wish him (and Joe!) nothing but the best! :beer: