2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Me either. Back around 2007/2008, AMA said no way in hell they would run the short course due to many safety concerns. Especially the joker.

Just ask Robbie Jensen what he thinks... :)

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Very similar turn configuration that was the cause of Lloyd Bailey's passing

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Just saw this:
    I am definitely a fan of the kid... and the father.

BigBird, JBall, henry_carlson and 3 others like this.
  4. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Where is start/finish located on the short course?

5. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

#2 is Finish. #7 is start (on the Red Track). Apparently years ago they tried running #2 as start and Turn 12 just turned into carnage (a la the starts at the Ridge).
    [​IMG]

6. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Motomerica do have all their information available to teams. Their TV numbers are strung out across several different networks and they have a strong digital following too. I think the report that I saw showed over 4 million TV views and 6 million digital for the season. I'm sure AFT is strong too, the NBC show is good to watch.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

September 2008, the first weekend running the short course. A guy tangled into me off the start and we both ended up in the weeds on the outside at the entrance of T2. At least I didn't get the broken collar bone, just a trashed bike.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

The only thing I remember about Brainerd is Jamie Hacking's YZF750 hitting the wall of bridge when he almost high sided out of a turn and then ate shit when he hit the grass. Or or bailed when he saw the wall coming. Whichever you prefer.

9. CRA_Fizzer

Same happened to me. I got pushed off track at T2, hit a chunk of asphalt which put me into a 300foot tank slapper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Circacee likes this.
  10. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what they do with the starting grids - I'm not sure how the 15 minute media grid is (realistically) possible with the configuration as it sits now.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just to be clear, they'll be running the red layout,correct ?

12. CRA_Fizzer

Yes, the short course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jake was on fire for Yamaha test day 1. As Small skinny kid buying a bike from attack to go super bike racing is it sdk?

Circacee likes this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I heard that also. Does make one wonder. They so said coming from 600s.

Could be interesting.

15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

What happened with SDK?

16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

My moneys on Jason Aguilar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Olmedo?

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I had guessed SDK, but someone on FB said with Aguilar (seemed like he knew what he was talking about)

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

O shit I see now, well JA 96 is sponsored by Yamaha and confirmed he was riding one next season so maybe him. But he does have a relationship with Graves ( I am uneducated on the mechanics side, can someone have a relationship with Graves and Attack?) He also rides for Honos so maybe that tells us where Honos is going next season, if true.

KO 16 has been with Altus for 2 seasons now and they seem to be in bed with Suzuki and M4 so maybe he leaving? They did just announce 2 riders and KO was not mentioned so IDK, I'd lean to JA96 but this is racing so who the hell knows lol

20. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

As long as we can attend physically, they can run at Jennings for all I care. I miss attending the big boy races

Rising Sun and KneeDragger_c69 like this.