1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban Carry Holster

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Nov 8, 2020.

1. No worries, I get that. :beer:

I don’t like to open-carry, and there are only like 2 months where I will wear a jacket. So its always IWB for me.

2. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I gave one a try, XD-M compact. Even with the 13 round magazine it feels like I'm packing some major meat. They say to break it in will fit better. I tried but all the women around me were staring.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

This is what I was wanting to hear. I don't know you but you're right about a lot of stuff!

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've gone away from IWB carry unless its winter and I'm wearing layers.

I just pocket carry a little .380 Ruger 6+1 and spare mag. With the sheath/holster it looks like a cellphone in your pocket.

No worries about if my shirts lifts for some odd reason, etc

5. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

The iwb alien gear is a poorly executed knock off of the crossbreed design. The alien gear pad is soft but too thick and the plastic is too thick. Good price point but just too big and bulky.

Jed likes this.
  6. I forgot about the XD.45. I knew there was another EDC I was forgetting. I’ve got IWB holsters for it also.

The XD.45 is by far the “skinniest” gun of any of them, so it makes a good conceal carry.

The downside (reason it’s so skinny) is that it’s a single-stack with only 7+1 capacity.

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just get a Fobus and call it a day. They are inexpensive and they work.

8. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yikes. I was just about to post buy whatever but a fobus.

I’m pretty sure for every pistol I own, I have about 37 holsters for it. No concealed holster works for every situation.

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I’ve bought holsters for the last 45 years or so. Fobus works well for my every day carry. There is no magic bullet in holsters, they hold the weapon secure, or they don’t.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I’ve seen a few Fobus holsters crack during my career. I haven’t looked at them in over 10 years so perhaps their build quality has improved.

11. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

damn if you can hit what you shoot at 6*1 should be enough ! 40 cal.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Who wants one?

safe room for weapons.jpg

tiggen and Gorilla George like this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

When I look at your setup I think of the Burt's underground bunker in Tremors! :crackup:

AC1108 likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just cuz...
    eb544be25b8eea6e764446ab44cd3c9d.jpg

ducnut likes this.
  15. What’s that brown shit all over it?

16. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Another company to consider for IWB holsters is White Hat. They use great quality leather for the backing and they don't use giant T-nuts on their holsters to hold the kydex on the front like most other companies. I have several of theirs and no complaints.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

G19 in kydex iwb for twenty something years.

Most people's problems with holsters start with the belt they chose. IMO.

ducnut likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A trigger. :crackup:

sanee likes this.
  19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Second vote for Tier 1. Love their setup (Grey man solutions makes a good copy), would only add the note that if you have a light on the gun (X300?), it makes the holster longer. The light portion can get uncomfortable.

I carry a Surefire stiletto pro all day everyday, pulled the lights off my carry guns. Mostly.

20. I never wear a belt, because I never wear jeans or pants.

I have to use one of the large Velcro belts (think Weightlifting type belt) with an IWB holster in it.