Soooo. A new race series has began

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That reads like a reconnaissance mission to discover just how difficult it would be to get another organization running. I wouldn't have considered that a reasonable offer either.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ok im gonna feed the troll. Ive already purposely NOT attended one of his trackdays and wont race with him because he presents himself as a sociopath and I aint got time for that.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This is going to hit fourth gear soon.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Made a skirt steak last night and it came out damn awesome. Olive oil (to help get color), Bucks seasoning and grilled each side for 3 minutes on high. I did turn it one more time and let it grill for another 30 seconds each side for color.
    Asparagus, once again olive oil but black pepper and sea salt for seasoning and into the oven.
    Packaged bernaise because I didn't feel like doing it from scratch and it does in a pinch.

Awesomeness! But man, I did drop a VW new beatle sized duke today. :D

evakat likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not sure who drafted that "offer", but you may want to find someone who knows the difference between an asset and a stock purchase for your next acquisition :D

And that certainly reads as a fact finding mission than a serious offer (I've done more than my share of LOIs and term sheets in my day).

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Do love me some good skirt steak.. I agree with the olive oil for sure. I have this real nice Fajita spice I get from the spice house in Milwaukee that works great when doing tacos, etc. I do need to branch out more and try different spices on skirt steak.

Do you find that the asparagus makes your pee smell? It does mine, although I don't find it objectionable. Apparently some people produce the smell, and some do not, and conversely, some can small it, and some can not.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

7. Venom51

All that pee smell talk really gets your juices flowing huh...

mastermind likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, I've kind of learned to like it. It goes hand in hand with having eaten some good ass-grass. :)

We use a spice mix they sell called Dirt sometimes. I forget who makes it but it has some heat to it but doesn't over power. That (mixed with some other spices) was my go to for fajitas but finding it during the Corona scare is impossible.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So what restrictions, like "no pie" or " must agree crust is good or off with his head" or what?

:crackup:

tl1098 likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That offer was made by a man with not much business sense, with probably nobody to guide him and reads like someone as you said, trying to find more information. If it were a legit offer, youd want financials from last 5 years, and basically thats it.

Especially since hes claimed Mongo/Sean has been ruining roadracing and he can do it way better. You;'d think with all his fresh ideas, none of the track contracts, worker contracts, payouts, etc would matter.

I know that if I claim to do everything better, the last thing I want to do is copy what the guy I am replacing is doing. But that's just me.....

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it helps any we are not seeing a decline at the club level, it's static or growing. Granted as always it's hard to track since mother nature can throw a huge monkey wrench into any given event. We are also seeing a lot of racers traveling from other clubs to be a part of the GNF. It's pretty cool.

sheepofblue and VFR#52 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quoted for posterity. My favorite is 5 - I would have to sign something where I was not allowed to ever talk about my wife publicly or privately :crackup:

sheepofblue and TurboBlew like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, he broke the NDA prior to demanding the NDA :crackup:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You going to share your other emails trying to bully Evelyne into selling before she had a chance to consider anything?

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Some of the logic/business sense that goes on around here makes me feel like I need to reboot my machine after logging off, to fully return to the real world.

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

As some have stated, 400k is ridiculous. First off, don’t file a moronic law suit, it just shows you’re a butthurt prick. Second, if you’re serious about about owning a legitimate race series, see First, then make a good offer, without the made up gobbledygook and tying the sale to said moronic lawsuit. There is a way of doing things correctly and with class. There is none of that going on here with said proposal. I see nothing in it but attempt at a hostile takeover.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So hypothetically how would a person not "collude" with their wife on the sale of her business?

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think a person has to fully appreciate the actual definition of the term.

And, of course, live in the real world and not some alternate reality where they are king/god/whatever...

20. Venom51

You'd have to live in an Aztek down by the river. :D

tl1098, TurboBlew and motoracer1100 like this.