Home Depot or Lowe's?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Aug 27, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Both have what I'm looking for, both have the same price, both offer a vet's discount, both are in close proximity.

2. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Home Depot has restrictions on what types of items the vet discount will apply to. I think tools and lumber are restricted.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

HD. They have those contractor heavy duty trash bags.

Pick me a box of them up and some light bulbs? Not those stupid people's republic of kalifornia LED bulbs or kicky ball watching europeeon compact fluorescent ones, good old fashion incandescent ones.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

JFC! Are you trying to make a 1/1064 piece of the ice cap melt! FFS!

Think of the children’s children’s children’s children.
    Such arrogance

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I switch back and for depending on which credit line is lower.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

both have coupons you can buy...lowes takes 10% off most everything if you ask. Sale items not so much.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I don’t care for the service & inventory, or the lack there of at my Lows

8. casjoker

Agreed, Lowes close to my house is always 2 short of whatever plumbing or electrical thing I need to get a job finished. They are the only deal in town next closest is 35 minutes so that may contribute to the issue.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Menards or Home Depot , but you have to bounce back and forth between them depending on the job ... still surprises me that they both don’t have some basic remodeling materials but they had shelf’s of stupid nick knacks , toys and other dumb shit

10. casjoker

I have an employee who's husband does inventory/sales analysis for Lowes. Guess what the least sold item has been since the Rona hit.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Lawn care items

12. fastfreddie

13. casjoker

Nope, that was my guess as well but he said that department never dropped.

14. casjoker

No, mask just sold out. He said mask and cleaning supplies actually created some weird blips in their matrix.

15. casjoker

He said it was keys and outside door handles. He said they had like a 97% drop in sales for 3 months.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

because people weren’t breaking them as much?

i prefer Lowe’s since HD gave up the 5% on the CC

17. casjoker

I guess no one was going out much so not losing/breaking keys and not using the outside doors as much

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Menards...

The local one to me has better prices on plumbing and electrical, better quality wood and is closest.

That said, Lowe's is second closest but I will drive an extra 10miles in city traffic to avoid them and their prices and go to HD if Menards fails to have supplies I need.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  19. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Lowes for most of my stuff. 5% off with the credit card and they have a pretty nice app for logging your purchases so I can reference it in the future. They've always been great at returning items even many months after purchase (HD may too, idk).

Still go to HD sometimes if they have something Lowes doesn't. Lucky enough to have them 3 minutes from each other here.

20. fastfreddie

I guess I'm gonna have to see which one can get accessories, like a dethatching kit.