1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the derecho reduce ethanol content?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Aug 13, 2020.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

What's up homos. :D

Senna, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Diesel ftw.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Does this mean the 8yo bag of corn meal in my pantry has now doubled in price?

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Normally p*nis’........ba-dum-bum-bum..........yeah that was CORNy, :D

G 97 likes this.
  5. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

No it will not. The 46 percent number isn’t right. While there was some devastation Locally, it’s not toast. Some will be salvageable. On top of the fact we are going to have one of the largest and most successful crop years ever.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Mine loves 4 gallons of E85 mixed in a tank of 93. Makes 3rd, 4th and 5th gears a little more fun!

BigBird likes this.
  7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

That reminds me, I need to get some cornmeal to make cornbread this weekend to go with my baby-back ribs for my son's 21st birthday.

8. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate that I have 5 gas stations around me that sell non-ethanol and two that have 93 non ethanol.

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It’s a forced induction thing, not a turbo thing.

E85 has octane of 108. And while you do burn 30% more of it due to its lower BTU output per same volume, the fact it’s so much cheaper.

alcohols, which ethanol is part of, also has amazing evaporative cooling properties.

my car is limited to about 700whp on 94 octane. On e85 I’ve made 800+ but I’m supercharger limited, other people have made 1200+ on e85.

it’s poor mans race fuel!

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

#fuckcornfuel

Sabre699, sdg, StaccatoFan and 3 others like this.
  11. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Just wait until they open up a Phillips refinery for soy oil and the price of your French fries doubles lol

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

To answer the original question, I highly doubt it. The corn contamination in fuel is all to "Clean the air". But the truth is that you use more fuel to do the same work. But the EPA and the greenies will not let the "clean air" mandate go. You will still see alcohol in your fuel for many years to come.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is pretty easy to make an argument for E85. E10 and E15 on the other hand have no redeeming qualities at all. Fuel economy is lower, it absorbs water and goes bad fast, gums up fuel systems and destroys seals while providing very little help under boost. Whoever thought that crap was a good idea needs a steel toe boot to the forehead.

Phl218, Rebel635 and TurboBlew like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean by now if manufacturers haven't figured out how to make seals last with e10, then all the engineers need to be fired.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Back to the heart of the thread. Anyone have a good cornbread recipe they want to share? :D

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's on the box. :eek:

cpettit likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’d think that, but then the repair market would go to fertilizer...

BigBird likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sabre699 and Phl218 like this.
  19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

You don't really know how to cook, do ya?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio