1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 ZX10R head work.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, May 26, 2020.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Who have you used? Looking for a superbike head. Tried a few places and only got response from KWS.

2. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Edr
    Evan steel

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Kws is where I'd go

Gino230 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

VHR

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

I have trusted Evan Steel Performance with my life as they built and maintained my race bikes for me from 2015-18. They are legit with a history of fastest privateer AMA/MA bikes. If I’m anywhere within driving distance of them in the future I’ll be using them again.

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

KWS with out a doubt !!!

7. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Mike at KWS is the only guy who I would let touch my bike for this kind of work.

8. Vance n Hines

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Kws has done my 675 heads in the past and were great.

that being said, after working with Vance and Hines lately and seeing just how many heads and who’s heads they do (you would shit yourself if you knew just which teams sent their heads to V&H including factory efforts) they are definitely on another level altogether.

418 and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Another vote for the Vance & Hines gang. They give great AMA superbike winning head.

11. humblepie

VHR has done the heads for all four Japanese Factory Superbike teams here in U.S. Three of the four at the same time!

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Oh yes I’m well aware. It’s funny because people think “they’re Harley guys” but they know their shit.

We needed a little “extra” from our husky last year and Byron personally did the last one. We found 2hp with head alone and that’s HUGE on the 450’s. In fact I would credit them largely to us winning our championship because it turned our program around in the hp department and even better was we never had an engine failure.
    They really do know their shit.

have you been to the Indy facility? Omg I could have lived in there. Just spent hours asking questions and hanging out.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. humblepie

Graves/YMUS visited in 2015. Most of the juicy stuff was covered up (because it belonged to our competitors) but still an impressive place.

14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Pro head or club level? :crackup:

younglion, cav115 and Ducti89 like this.
  15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Livengood Motorsports.

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Those heads are CNC ported from the factory, aren’t they?

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Noted I will contact Vance and Hines and see!! Thanks guys.

18. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Vance and Hines doesn't work on the Kawasaki.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Call KWS. Godin is good and can help you decide if it's worth messing with it or not. Or get in touch with Aussie Dave and see who he uses - although I'd wait til next week.

Potts N Pans and track wagon like this.
  20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I did check, that head is CNC ported by Kawasaki. Which means, it will be tough and costly to make it flow any better. Any good shop should be able to check and refresh it though. But, if you’re looking for everything you can get out of that head. I’d check with shops that do heads for drag bikes. Carpenter Racing and APE racing are both well respected in that area.