School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Huge yes....help- not so much :D

2. Tristan

Rough day... I doubled down on OGI and IVR prematurely... Still in the black since I started overall, and it gives me something to do.

3. Tristan

Bailed out of SDC at $10.04, sure wish I had bought a lot more at $4.18

Now what?

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Wonderful day. Bought PJ's at $35 six months ago and sold at $82 yesterday. Going to parlay that into a hunch on Draft Kings.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait for the next big crash and do it again. Those unicorns are extremely volatile. SDC is one negative headline away from dropping 50% again.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i cut my losses with acb finally. lost a shit ton

7. Tristan

yowza... that one looks like a real dog. How the fuck can these guys lose selling weed??? Smoking up all the product or is the Canadian govt making it impossible to make money? I bought some APHA about the same time as the OGI and it was doing pretty good, like +25%... now at +6%. OGI is at -22% (so is IVR but that's understandable)

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I took a bath on ACB also. Fortunately, I didn't have much invested. I haven't sold yet. I might keep it. Can it possibly get worth less?

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

whats the point of holding unless you know something?

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

On the other hand why sell it and take another 5-10% loss when there maybe a chance it gets some back?

If you rode that bitch all the way down, at this point you might as well pray for an uptick or ride it into 0.00

11. Tristan

Reinvested my SDC profits in boring stuff- BUD and MA

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My portfolio is higher than it was before this mess. I didn't change a position.

Venom51 and SteveThompson like this.
  13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Because I lost about 90%. Why not wait and see if it comes back a little?

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That. Or until it's most useful for tax purposes, unless you really need that 10% you still have right away.

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

praying dont work in the stock market

auminer likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That would make a helluva pithy quip for a sig line. Brief & concise. Well said! :beer:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yo Kenny, did you cash out of your big bet or are you letting it ride?

I'm convinced that we are at the height of irrationality right now. I'm holding mostly cash. It might take months but something is coming.

GRH likes this.
  18. Tristan

Doubt it... plus, irrationality can go either way...

19. Tristan

So... when you double down on a POS stock, then it keeps reaching new bottoms and you do it again... is it called "tripling down" or "quadrupling down"???

Either way, I now am the proud owner of 270 shares of OGI

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can you think of a time when the stock market was more detached from the real economy than now? This looks crazier than the.com bubble.

sanee likes this.