1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You've probably never had a man card. :Putter: Still deflecting but everyone else is the little [insert derogatory name here].

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Up to 324 pages in this pissing contest now I see.

if nobody has mentioned it yet. I will.

Are any of you pissing on Carrillo rods? :confused:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

G 97 likes this.
  5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That's kind of exactly my point. Just because people aren't experiencing others in their sphere of daily life becoming infected, or becoming infected and coming through it just fine, doesn't mean it's that way for everyone. People are going to feel however they want to feel about it, but the level of sketchy information, coupled with poor communication and resource integration, makes me 1000 times more worried about the next pandemic that's coming (and that is a statistical certainty). Does anyone here really feel that if this were a hemorrhagic fever type pandemic, that you're confident that our government (let alone the world) could pull together to control it quickly? Managing crises requires everyone to row in the same direction, and the microcosm of the world that is the Beeb, points to such a division of ideals that likely makes that impossible. Part of the reason why my company was hit so hard, is I had employees that didn't take this seriously. Because they weren't willing to follow the protocols I had implemented, they put everyone else at risk. The irony being that 2 of the people still in the hospital were the worst offenders. Needless to say, the remaining staff are hyper-vigilant since the last person fell ill. I think because of that fact, knock wood, we've got a chance of getting past this.

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Thanks.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Did you watch the clip or just read the quote in an article? As he just explained in the press conference he was responding to a hypothetical question and said obviously the earlier you start mitigation the less deaths there will be. Hanging might be a little drastic don’t you think?

I don’t know why this guy is getting so much hate, to me he’s been great, he’s straight forward and honest which is a nice change from listening to politicians all the time.

Sabre699, tony 340 and speedluvn like this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

News flash.....people gonna die. Sometimes before you expect them to
    It sucks, but it’s part of the ride on his planet. And the positives sure out weight the negatives of that.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Sincerely sorry for your loss.

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Wow. That's some sage advice there. At times, I'm of a mind to let the stupid people kill themselves, so I question the need for a sign on a baler in my factory that says "don't insert body parts into machine while in operation". That said, how do you feel about people you care about dying, due to the stupidity of others? Just fine? Cool, send us a list of people you care about that you're ok with dying, and perhaps we could arrange having them accommodate that.

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I’m questioning your ability to reason like an adult

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nope. I don’t watch these scumbags if at all possible.

But hearing that only makes me think he needs to be hanged publicly.

You don’t answer a fucking hypothetical question in the midst of a crisis, especially one that undermines the (foolhardy) efforts that are being undertaken.

See above.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m gonna give him a whole lotta latitude. Grief is a motherfucker, and dealing with what he is dealing with cannot be easy.

baconologist likes this.
  14. R1Racer99

How is he a scumbag? He spends all day every day for weeks talking to the media trying to get information to people, and one sentence that was taken out of context makes him a horrible person somehow. I don’t get it.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Thanks. I"m way more sorry for her family, as she was the primary bread winner. And? They can't even have a funeral. You know, I've been told that I lack compassion at times, which I guess can happen when you run a business. But some of the people on here? There's a difference between being pragmatic, and being a completely thoughtless piece of shit. I'm old enough to know, there's no guarantee we'll wake up tomorrow. Does that mean I shouldn't take precautions to protect my family? My employees? There's some really decent people on here, as there were when I was racing (but more so). I've seen plenty of people die, thanks. I don't need to hear a bunch of myopic, small minded idiots give me lessons on the circle of life. Yep, I choose to come here, because WERA was my family for many years, and I cared about the people I raced with and worked with. You dickheads that want to minimize the suffering of other people, so you can feel all tough, are the same ones that would punt another racer into the weeds to get a $3 trophy. Perhaps I need a vacation from this place.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Whew...that was close. I've never punted a racer in the weeds for a $3 dollar trophy. I thought you were talking about me there for a minute.

Sorry for the loss of your employee and the hardships her family will face.

17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This why it's hard to take anything from you seriously. You can't even interpret data on a simple chart. PA's positive rate per tested is slightly over 18% and in the very quote you quoted, Yaz clearly states the numbers are on the decline and below the 3 day average.

cav115 likes this.
  18. R1Racer99

Also, I’m watching the press conference right now, constant hypotheticals, and not by Fauci. You really should watch this shit, very entertaining.

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

OMG, OMG, OMG, PLEASE OPEN THE DUNGEON!!!

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ugh.

I’d rather get a vasectomy from Edward Scissorhands.

StaccatoFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.