1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

baconologist likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. New positives of 1,366 lower than last 7 days average of 1,603, second consecutive observation.

upload_2020-4-13_13-20-32.png

upload_2020-4-13_13-20-45.png

Spang308 likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Meh, he has his opinion. Nothing wrong with just ignoring a source. I do it as well.

If you dont trust a link, dont read it.

Some who fault GWP are also people who quote the NYT. That's pure comedy.

ineedanap likes this.
  7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Anybody who links to data (myself included) supporting whatever their view is, shows that you have some level of trust in the source. I question anything coming from the mass media, but had placed at least a small amount of faith that the official CDC or WHO data was reasonably accurate. In the end, perhaps all we can trust is experiential data. I can't do anything about the rest of the world, but I can tell you what it's been like in mine. I just lost my first employee to the virus. I can't wait to hear all of you know-it-alls comment on how she was going to die anyways, blah blah blah. She was 42 years old, with no previous health issues. In great shape as a matter of fact. A critical part of our operation, and a fine fine lady. She will be sorely missed on a number of levels. I have 8 other employees out, with 4 being hospitalized on ventilators. Of those, only one had a previous health condition and is older. Two of the 8 remaining, are applying for long term disability, as their lungs were destroyed by this virus. It is unlikely that they will return. Of those 9 employees, only ONE was tested and formally declared positive for C-19. The rest are being treated for it, but were told a test wasn't necessary. Here's the crazy thing; NONE of the 4 on ventilators were tested. So none of the numbers that anyone is spouting means anything to me. It's all bullshit. All I know is that we've had 22% of our staff being treated for it, and have one death, which puts us right at 11%. This doesn't even count for people in my personal life. So putting aside the damage being done to our economy by the shutdown, we've been impacted enough by this virus to do grievous damage to the business even if there was no shutdown. Damned if you do, and damned this fucking thing in general. For those of you that have been impacted similarly, I have nothing but compassion for you. For those that haven't been touched by it, I'm happy for you. For those of you who think this is a big joke, and the same as the normal flu.....come sit in my chair.

cav115, 23103a, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Lighten up, Francis... No one is talking about your wife.

The query you're all butthurt about is historically well established as the stereotypical "loaded question".

Now, go take a nap... you clearly need it.

gixxernaut and Arioch like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The thing about doctors is sometimes you seek a second opinion.

baconologist likes this.
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It's a rhetoric tool, not an accusation.

And it's "Do you still beat your wife?" It's a question that has no good answer. No = you used to beat her. Yes = you still beat her.

Arioch likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A smart man can successfully answer that question. The correct answer is Yes and No. Yes...I beat her in arm wrestling all the time. No...I have never physically/mentally abused her.

baconologist likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

28% of those tested are showing positive. That percentage is still going up.

PA hasn't reached the peak yet.....

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Jed, brings up a valid point, It's a rhetoric tool, not an accusation and you shouldn’t take it personal, no one should.

For example , you could ask Pickled Egg "Do you still have sex with your wife?" It's still a question that has no good answer. No = he used to sex her down but she has other options now. Yes = he still gets the nasty, but it tastes funny, see answer one.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Once I saw the "exponential growth" ain't happening I stopped tracking NC. Still seeing new cases. Nowhere near capacity on anything from ICU to PPE.

baconologist likes this.
  16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Go ahead and elaborate on this stance.

17. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

We had a snowmobile rally just before the government forced stay at home etc. 130 people attended. Bartender was positive. 50 people caught it. All 50 are over it . No deaths. Some people had a fever for 3 or 4 days, took a couple weeks to feel normal again. Secretary of the club was positive. Works with my wife in the grocery store for two days before they found out shit had hit the fan. She’s recovered, only had a cough. My wife and the others that worked with her for two days tested negative. Not discounting your story, just showing another experience. I understand why both points of view are out there.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I have many euphemisms to choose from ;)

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No, she’s currently getting all her carnal action from the lawyers. :Poke:

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.