Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Care to narrow that down at all or just leave it that open ended? Compared to HIV as an example since humans don't develop immunity to that after exposure. (and I'm not including people with a CCR5 mutation that have inborn resistance).

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Probably not again.....most of us only die once.

[​IMG]

G 97 likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If all you are relying on is the "official" capacity then you have already lost. If it is not abundantly clear there is no one in the group of indviduals in that town that are any smarter than you or I. They certainly aren't any smarter working as a group.

G 97 likes this.
  4. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

5. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I hear you and agree but none of us can control anything beyond staying at home or not having that orgy on Friday night. We can't tell people to stay off the beach.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nope. No need to narrow it down. Apart from hiv which attacks the immune system, viral pathology is pretty much a known commodity.

So how is the body’s immune response to covid-19 any different?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, the less reliant anyone can be from those twits, the better off society becomes as a whole. Sadly they’ve intertwined their tentacles of dependency into the masses.
    A national news presser for no other reason than to explicitly inform people on how to properly wash their hands and practice other basic hygiene behavior is all anyone needs to know the level of shitfest these so called official higher ups have helped created.

speeddaddy and baconologist like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

"Whycome" we haven't shut the post office down yet? o_O

Everybody who's sick is still going out to their mailbox, touching the handle and leaving viruses(virii?). Mailman comes along, touches the same handle, picks his nose, now he's sick. Doesn't know it for 2 weeks, goes and gets the rest of the people at his post office sick. They send infected mail from that post office out all over the world, to be handled by every postal worker in the US. Who all get sick and don't know it for 2 weeks... While they bring you your mail...

9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

download.jpeg

Gorilla George, Phl218 and speeddaddy like this.
  10. pickled egg

You get mail?

I get dumpster fodder.

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

38 yr. Old Detroit cop died here yesterday with no known health issues.

9 more Detroit officers with positive tests.

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

13. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Cap'n Ron said yesterday there were 190 direct flights a day from NY!!

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The autopsy will reveal them. I don't have any known health issues according to the medical establishment either becasue I don't run to them for every sniffle I get.

speeddaddy and baconologist like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ritchie might already be dead.

Way to go, beeb! :mad:

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not very. The spike protein from coronavirus attaches to the ACE2 receptor in a cell its infecting. Eventually the body's immune response makes IgM antibodies that recognize that protein and signal the immune system to start killing those cells and eventually you'd develop IgG antibodies, and at that point you're generally considered immune to that particular virus.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

19. pickled egg

How many “star athletes” keel over dead on the field from undiagnosed maladies?

Outliers don’t define the risk.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pure speculation on my part, but is slowed spread in warmer weather the effect of temp on the virus or simply because people are not stuck indoors sharing air quite so much?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.