Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Where is she located?

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Ketttering Ohio.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Keep us posted if you have pain in your lungs for the next few weeks.

I had the same symptoms about 4 weeks ago, Tuesday peeling up the edges, Wednesday yeah I'm getting sick, Thursday JEEZUS I've been hit by a truck, Friday I'M HUNGRY

But ever since then, deep lung pain & rattles. Wife never caught it. That Thursday I actually missed work & went to the clinic: negative flu & negative strep

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Stats posted in previous post with updated statistics as of this morning . This system email goes out twice a week. Absolutely not the most current but it does give an idea of the spread.

STATISTICS (according to Johns Hopkins, as of 8 a.m. on 3/18/20)

Total confirmed cases (worldwide): 201,634

Total deaths (worldwide): 8,007

Total recovered: 82,030

Total confirmed cases (U.S.): 6,496

Total deaths (U.S.): 114

Total confirmed cases (Florida): 217

STATISTICS according to Johns Hopkins, as of 11 a.m. on 3/20/20 (data from previous day in parenthesis)

Total confirmed cases worldwide: 246,444 (227,743)

Total deaths worldwide: 10,040 (9,318)

Total recovered: 86,037 (84,532)

Total confirmed cases U.S.: 14,250 (9,415)

Total deaths U.S.: 205 (150)

Total confirmed cases Florida: 432 (330).

STATISTICS according to Johns Hopkins, as of 5 p.m. on 3/23/20 (data from Friday in parentheses)

Total confirmed cases worldwide: 372,563 (246,444)

Total deaths worldwide: 16,381 (10,040)

Total recovered: 100,927 (86,037)

Total confirmed cases U.S.: 42,817 (14,250)

Total deaths U.S.: 573 (205)

Total confirmed cases Florida: 1,227 (432)

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Exponential growth is exponential. Big jumps will be the order of the next two weeks.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It's as good as any other statistic being thrown around these days. How bout these from today's white house press conference. 28% of those tested in NY were positive, the rest of the country is about 8%. No deaths for those 17 and under, 50 and over with multiple underlying causes were in the fatal category, 99 % of those infected are likely to recover.

cav115 likes this.
  7. auminer

Do they have rhea birds there?

Cuz... you know.... Ghana rhea... that would be funny...

[​IMG]

tiggen likes this.
  8. auminer

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We are not Italy though

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Whilst on the surface those numbers are reassuring, when you dig a little something does rear its ugly head.

A concerning statistic that seems to be playing out with COVID-19 is the hospitalization rate. It seems to be hovering in the 13-15% range.....but that's for everyone, not just old people with underlying conditions. Even younger generally healthy people with no co-morbidities are sometimes having to go to the hospital to be treated for this crap.

I just glanced at the CDC's website and unless my math's off, seasonal influenza has a hospitalization rate of about 1-1.3%....which is MUUUCH lower.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

This is the logistical problem that too many people seem to be brushing off. There is going to be a surge of highly infectious patients that need somewhere to go to be treated. This is going to be a surplus on top of all the existing folks that are still going to the hospital for every other condition under the sun (including that 1% for seasonal flu).

Correct

Italy is only 60 million people.....we are 5.5x the size of Italy population wise and the virus has spread to all states.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If bodies aren't piling up like fall leaf litter by next Friday it's time to get back to fuckin work.

MachineR1, Pixelator, auminer and 3 others like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Posted about this in the other thread......at that time there were only 8 million accounts. It's since risen to 21 million mobile and 840,000 land lines. As mentioned in the article, cell phones are an integral part of of life there. For 21 million of them to go poof in 2 months right in the midst of a pandemic? Sounds too convenient.

https://www.ntd.com/the-closing-of-...ggest-a-high-ccp-virus-death-toll_447579.html

I don't think nearly 22 million people were wiped out in China.....but I DAMN sure don't believe that it was only 3500.

wiggeywackyo likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Did I read that correctly, cellphones are mandated?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean, they are communist after all; its basically just the current day digital evolution of....

[​IMG]

15. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Troof. It's only gotten worse since I was last there. Zero desire to go back.

16. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

That was a great read. CCP has a nice ring to it as well.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/using...le-for-global-crisis-expert-says_3282671.html

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You're comparing the hospitalization rate of all people in the United States ESTIMATED to have the flu against the hospitalization rate of
    only people who HAVE TESTED POSITIVE for Covid-19. You can't compare the two and get a meaningful number.
    `

18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

NTD is ran by the Falun Gong and with a known agenda of trying to make China look bad, and also tend to buy-in to some sensational conspiracy stories. Would recommend taking any news from them with reservation. Also keep in mind that China recently mandated facial recognition with phones. I don’t know if the timelines overlap, but I would presume a lot of lines would be disconnected after that was implemented. If there’s no relationship between the two and those numbers are not typical, it would be an alarming figure.

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Someone actually has to put effort into making the Chinese look bad? Seems they are plenty competent.

20. I need to just stay off facebook. The idiots are getting on my nerves. People just keep saying "the flu kills ____ people" or "_____ people die in car crashes every year and life goes on" so on and so forth.

None of that makes a flying fuck.

If I grabbed a rifle and boxes of ammo, perched myself in some hidden corner on the roof of the mall, and started picking motherfuckers off, do you reckon they would just let people keep going on about their normal business because "eh, he will never kill as many people as heart disease does"? Or do you think they would try to evacuate the mall, and get away from me?

It doesn't make a flying fuck how many people are killed by the flu, strokes, cigarettes, or fucking shark attacks. That is all completely irrelevant.

When you have a novel virus, that we have no immunity for, the only way to keep it from spreading is by eliminating activities with large groups, suspending traveling as much as possible, and self-isolations...while they work on a vaccine. It is that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.