Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lets hope to don't have to return to a devastated economy full of crime, bankruptcy and foreclosure.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, and the reason why flattening the curve and trying to avoid a huge spike in cases is what social distancing and quarantine is all about.

Gorilla George and Jed like this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That looks like Tule?

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Someone in a blue suit from US dept of PH behind Trump yesterday stated there enough ventilators to manage this crisis.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, the Chinese can build a new hospital quickly, and so can the US, but the challenge would be to staff it and equip it. The existing Hospitals are already hearing from their suppliers that they will be running our of supplies that come from China in about two weeks. Maybe there is some manufacturing company here in the states that can ramp up the making of ventilators, but will they be able to source all the parts they need to do that? If not is there someone that can ramp up making those parts? Can they get the raw materials? This stuff all takes time.
    I am guessing there is a big "IF" in there that says dumbasses don't do stupid shit like those spring breakers and the idiots packed bars in Nashville and actually follow the government recommendations to slow the spread of the disease.

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

The deaths kick in approx 4-6 weeks after diagnosis. So to compare like with like and get an accurate mortality rate, you have to compare current deaths to the diagnosed cases 4-6 weeks ago.

Rebel635 likes this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So every flu season we should crash the economy? :rolleyes:
    The best thing that can happen is; everyone of those kids get sick for 3 days and over it.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My company and the customers I’ve talked to are all business as usual . We had one guy in the mill exposed to a kid with covid-19 yesterday and got tested and are waiting to see if he has it. The only good thing is when we all get it, I’ll GTFO and never come back

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Based on what metrics? With out me even reading the article, I’m going to go out on a limb and comment that I bet cost and whether a government country funding levels / “free” etc has a direct impact towards who they deem has the best healthcare. This is a false premise. Quality of healthcare shouldn’t be determined based on if it’s provided by the country to its citizens for “free” or not. This also doesn’t take into consideration a country’s culture, life style and diet etc. which has a far greater impact on ones health.

Pride & Joy and baconologist like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Impossible, America’s medical facilities are subpar.

12. People always tell me “Canada has a great health care system”. No it doesn’t, it sucks. It’s not free and you actually pay more for it but it’s not a line item off your check or to the dr direct so they don’t realize it. It’s expensive tax wise and the care is crap compared to the US.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why should someone else provide proof to support YOUR contention. This burden is on you. Either you can support your statements or you can’t. Apparently you can’t.

baconologist likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

exactly.

i argue about that with a german friend in Toronto.

he said it's free, LOL i asked him for his pay stub and to tell me how much free $ he is paying for it.

there is no marketplace or incentive in the system for improved performance. the wait times are crazy.

baconologist likes this.
  15. Like I said, I can't speak for any company or organization specifically. But in general, yes that is how it works and that is the reasoning for these temporary stoppages.

Sometimes symptoms show in 5 days, sometimes they don't show up for 14 days. A co-worker of mine has had 2 family members test positive (back in Paris, where he is from). Both of them originally tested negative, then one tested positive 3 days later, the other tested positive 5 days later.

That is where the 15-day thing comes in (some companies are going as long as 3 weeks, or even 30 days). It basically just pauses everything and lets things "reset" to see where they stand. If they don't do that, then they have no idea how many people have it, or who is running around spreading it to other people.

After that period, if everyone is still ok, then they will have to make another decision on a way forward (return or extend the break) based on the type of work, surrounding areas, amount of travel, so on and so forth.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would presume you have read it and could answer a simple question.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

:moon:
    Both of you should start practicing social distancing and quarantine yourself from the bbs. :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    rd400racer likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

baconologist likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, Britain from what I've heard is trying it the other way around....so I guess we'll see which model works out better.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronaviru...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

so, all hands on deck. who's up for starting a low-cost ventilator company? i mean building it out of home-depot standard stuff.
    hand out plans to everyone as well.
    can't be that hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.