1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just out of curiosity, which of the Dems do you think currently running g would be better for our nation?

Can I ask which would have your vote if it were tomorrow?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This one I just found is funny as hell

[​IMG]

aaronson and Potts N Pans like this.
  3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Maybe a shoulder rub will make you feel better about things...someone get Biden over to HR's house!

:beer:

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm not really familiar with the recall process, but I would think that the 25% figure would apply to the number of eligible voters required to petition for a recall election. If this threshold is reached, a special election would then be held and the recall would be voted on by the entire electorate. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A. Barrister likes this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually no as that leads to mob rule. There is a lot of good reasons our government was designed as a Republic not a Democracy.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Because it was a midterm and Trump wasn't on the ballot. The Republican turnout was weak without his army rushing to the polls, thus allowing the revved up Dems to take seats they likely would have never had a shot at during a presidential election year.
    His base honestly let him down in 2018 by sheer laziness and complacency. You can bet your ass they turn up in 2020 and if Bernie is the Dem candidate, a bunch of moderate Dems will sit this one out killing down ballot races.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep impeachment is not a conviction, Clinton was also impeached. That just means articles were sent to the Senate.

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I don't know really. I think if the election was done tomorrow i'd let my 4 year old.

Wait I took a poll in the Washington post brb

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The rules vary, but the one usual aspect is the petition count threshold is to trigger a new election. A special election listening to all the voters. But that system is not the only one. Would be interesting to see the usage with US senators.

Waiting for Terry to give me the gate code so I can drive all the way to MD to get my ass whoopping.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If your math is correct, and IDGAF enough to check it, that number you posted is the threshold that has to be reached to bring a recall action to the voters.

25% can’t subvert the will of the voters. 25% can ask the voters to reconsider their decision.

Damn. Does it get tiring being wrong so often?

brex and A. Barrister like this.
  11. Handicapped Racer

I cant even answer that I really haven't been paying attention to them crazy fools

I took a test that wapo put out I think Partick was 1st the Bloomberg and then biden I think I agreed with warren on 5 out of 20 questions and burnie 4
    that's as honest as I can be I haven't paid that much attention I tried to watch the debates but the questions being asked I didn't find to be important.

I have yet to see anyone in the democratic party address the upcoming open Seat in Scotus I said that to a polster just a few weeks ago

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  12. Handicapped Racer

I think only 12- or 14 states allow it and the standard between them are a percentage of the actual vote count in the election in some states and percentage of registered voters in others. One state "Louisiana" I think used a sliding scale to determine the threshold. so if the vote count is 1000 then they'd require 40% and then over 1000 but under 25000 I think it was 25% and over 100k it was 20%.

13. Handicapped Racer

I'm just not a fan of the name calling, there is nothing written on this page to get personal over.

14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Still mistyfied why anyone engages with you.....you are a buffoon.

15. Handicapped Racer

lol Na im good.

16. Handicapped Racer

There the buffoon corrected it for you. Now go learn how to fucking add.

But if you're still looking for her I found her address for you

Mistyfied Hair Salon, 440.747.7520, Parma Heights Ohio

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  17. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Like I said.....

18. Handicapped Racer

Who's Mistyfied?
    People in Glass houses lol:whoosh:Make sure your shit is on point before calling someone else out. Cause you're looking quite suspect right now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Gate code in coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chino52405 likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Active voters in Utah 1.443 million.
    25%=360,750 voters
    Romney was elected with 240,000 votes which was just over 71% of votes the 337,000 of all votes cast for the senate seat.

So...I think you need to revisit your comment. IF the recall bill passes it would require the equivalent of 107% of ALL votes in the 2018 election. I think you need to sit YOUR simple ass down on this one.

sheepofblue likes this.