1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Just curious, why didn't the republicans have the vote on Tuesday to acquit, instead of Wednesday? Then OMB could have a really fun time trolling during The State of the Union address? Or just a way to have some control over him before TSOU?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think I heard that it wouldn't have left them enough time to grandstand on television before the vote. They want their camera time.

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

She was, yes, And AG Jeff Session appointed John Huber to look into the Claims made by Trump and other Republicans when she was Sec of State Over Uranium One. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was quietly wounds down not too long ago.

4. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I think Schumer was going to spend the day or the weekend introducing amendments that they knew were going to fail and I think I heard that he also wanted each and every senator to stand up and say why they voted to convict or acquit. Mitch was ok with that speaking part too from what I was hearing, So they came to an agreement and here we are.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It was another quiet whitewash job which was predicted when the Solomons, Bonginos, etc. saw
    who it was assigned to. When you look at Session's actions he has provided several key elements
    to the Mueller investigation conspiracy. I wouldn't trust Sessions as far as I could throw him.
    He's a snake.

tony 340 and Fencer like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Schiff just rambling on saying what ever he wants to, making shit up as he goes. All feelings. No facts.
    Who doesn’t see through his entire made up manufactured charade. I was halfway expecting him to state that Trump ice picks little kittens as all the other false narrative crap wasn't much different.

cav115, Quicktoy and Killswitch like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

When Sessions recused himself it was clear who he really was. Just another swamp rat. Trump should have canned him long before he actually did.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So an investigation of a questionable activity that was fairly investigated and found to not be in the public interest to pursue, GASP. No lies to a secret court or use of foriegn spies, GASP. Almost like normal procedure. Makes one wonder if the horrible thing Trump did could have resulted in another fair investigation (he did say get with his AG in the transcript if I remember it correctly).

9. sheepofblue

Actually Sessions mistake was thinking he was dealing with the Justice Department as it should be a non-partisan department. I agree he should not have recused himself for contacts he had in his official duties as a Senator but he was taking the high road. Sadly it was a trap and he fell for it. He is likely getting his Senate seat back where he did a good job (MUCH better than Shelby)

G 97 likes this.
  10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You're losing me here.....So you think the Huber investigation into Clinton was on the up and up?

11. In Your Corner

Dig deeper.

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/979496328064634880

https://www.judicialwatch.org/investigative-bulletin/clinton-comey-uranium-one-john-w-huber/

12. sheepofblue

It was not under handed and made up like the Trump one was. Beyond that I suspect no but don't have the details.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh the irony....

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Except Schiff is trying to pass it off as President Trumps "words"....to make him guilty of something...anything, because Schiff's bitch didn't win the election.

cav115 likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh the irony. Compelling rebuttal. Well done. :rolleyes:

aaronson likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Could you point out the irony for those of us not blessed with your keen grasp of political nuance?

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would vote for Sessions for the Senate seat. I don't foresee either Sessions, Byrne, or Turberville receiving a clear majority in the primary. A run off is almost certain. The only Republican that could possibly lose to Jones is, once more, Roy Moore. What would it actually take to make that herpes sore go away?

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Who knew TZ was Schiff?:D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The whistleblower. :D

cav115, sheepofblue and gixxerreese like this.