The drop

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm trying to think if I ever owned a bike I didn't manage to drop? Hmm. Nope dropped each n every one. Sometimes at speed sometimes motionless.

I dropped a bike in my garage once and was all smug that my toolbox caught it. Then all mad because it fuctup the bottom drawer. :rtfrb:

969 and Metalhead like this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Had my pretty, new to me, track bike on a flat, open trailer ... tied down from the handlebars ... on a Baxter chock. Figured I way is that thing moving. Until it did. Had to hit the brakes, and watched my bike slide right off the front of the trailer. Never crossed my mind that it would only really work if the Baxter was secured to the trailer bed. Whole damn thing slid right off and crunched my lower fairing. Lesson learned. That trailer floor got some shiny new holes drilled for bolts as soon as I got home. :mad:

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shame on you.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Wish i had video of when kiddo rolled up to John at pit out and promptly fell over.

Metalhead likes this.
  5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Note to self: don't let metalhead near any of my bikes.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This was a question before this thread?? :eek:

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I dropped my brand new 750F acting like a hot shit at a gas station. Put my foot down on the highly polished concrete and it slipped right out and we both tumbled down. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

8. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

I had not had a new street bike in 14 years, and had not dropped a bike during that same period of time. Guess what, boing!!! Down goes my new BMW S1000rr as I pulled up to an intersection and go to put my right foot down. Thank god for an evotech frame slider. Virtually no damage.

9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I dropped my less than a year old '98 Triumph Sprint Executive in the parking lot of Craters of the Moon monument, in the middle of a 2 week trip with my parents. It was a July day, and bloody hot! I went to execute a U turn to back into parking, when I over braked the front, locked the slow turning front wheel, front end bounced, and we toppled over. I didn't catch it. Really, not a lot of damage, but I was embarrassed, I was in my mid 20's, and probably over heated. A whole lot of loud swearing followed. Mom & dad, both riding their own, just let me spin down. Then watched me pick the bike up myself.

10. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

I just dropped a deuce

StaccatoFan, 969 and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

How bad was it to pick back up? :D

fastfreddie likes this.
  12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Didn't you drop a bike while the rider was on it? :Poke:

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I've dropped friends who did stupid shit

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you have any left?

15. notbostrom

Counting metalhead?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If he is still on your list, the stupid threshold is really high.:D

No I won't shut it.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But will you kiss it?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unlikely.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Wonder if he has any crayon left to draw a map with...

20. notbostrom

I have 5 friends.

If you add metalhead I still have 5.