Teach me on having a bike shipped?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Oct 2, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Never done it before. What do I need to know?

What is the best way to send money and protect myself?

What will the seller need to do to the bike?

There's spare parts with the purchase?

I contacted moto shippers, any buddy else?

What else am I going to need to do.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I shipped a bike earlier this year. Sent a video walk around and of the bike starting to the buyer. Went to my bank and had a wire transfer completed. Shipper showed up 2 days later, loaded the bike and left. Small plastic tote of spares went with the bike. Fairly easy process.

BigBird likes this.
  3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

where is the seller located?

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Paypal U ship and a wera buyer or any buyer you trust, there is always that point of do I give you something with out money or do I send you money with nothing. I've done it both ways on here. It takes a little trust but both times were forum members. One piece of mind on both partys buying/selling on here. If somethings goes wrong, its the beeb headline.

U ship picked up the bike I sold last time and droped the bike I bought to a Marina in Ft. Lauderdale last time. In the end talk to the seller, most people are honest and both sides want to cover there ass. When I sold my last bike I sent the buyer a copy of my d.l. and passport before any talks of money switched hands showing I have nothing to hide and its not a scam

BigBird likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

From where to where? How fast?

Forward Air was easy to use. Bring bike and tie downs to airport.

Container4.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  6. Chonchito

Chonchito Active Member

Forward air doesn’t ship bikes anymore.

7. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Go get it yourself

BigBird likes this.
  8. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

Moto shippers was far and away better to deal with than U-Ship. Clear communication, actual expectations met and a good price. The hauler was a great guy and seriously happy when I invited him in for real home cooked food. My U-Ship experience was on the opposite end of the spectrum and far more expensive.

BigBird likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

Bike is in California I'm in Ohio. So far I think I can have it shipped for less then it would cost me in fuel to drive there and back.:D

10. assjuice cyrus

California

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Last bike I sold (a CB400F) went from PA to FL. I told the buyer that the contract with the shipper was his to do though I gave him some recommendations (thanks BEEB!). Anyways, when the truck shows up he is loaded with 100's of thousands of dollars worth of Steinway grand pianos and just enough room for the bike.

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Can you find a similar bike for a few more dollars that's closer? Total cost of purchase includes that travel

13. assjuice cyrus

Looking at couple different ones at the moment. Was just wondering what it takes to ship a bike.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Uship does not vet their shippers worth a fuck. There are some serious shit eaters working for them. They would be my last choice.

pscook likes this.
  15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I used Haulbikes earlier this year to receive a bike. It was well taken care of but it was not timely. It took 5 weeks and communication was minimal at best.

bwhip likes this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Paid $600, to have a bike & box of spares (BMW R100/7 ) shipped from Watertown SD to my Door in Ball Ground Ga... Local Guy from Woodstock Ga, he worked it into his schedule and it was painless. we also used him to haul a Custom Jeep to Idaho a couple years ago.

He calls a few days before pick up, sets the date, calls the night before confirms, calls 30min before he shows up...30min max loading and securing..gone, same for delivery.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thankfully had 2 good experiences with U-Ship. Just don't expect it to arrive on time, +/- a few days. So if it's not a urgent deal, I had good experiences with U-Ship. From Border of TX/Mexico (copart) to NYC and from MD to NYC. The MD was peanuts as the Shipper was coming up from FL and it was on his way and he had space. Think he charged like $125 to my door.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Which one is it that the AMA endorses ?

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I used motoshippers twice, and each time was painless. I paid at the end with electronic transfer of the quoted amount.

HUGE disclaimer: Tim Weig is a very good friend of mine, but I guarantee that I would not promote his business if there was anything shady about it. I have other friend's with businesses (not in this industry) and I wouldn't give them the amount of promotion that I give Tim. Tim sponsors a local indoor flat track/arenacross series, makes generous donations to moto-aligned charities and causes, and just plain loves motorcycles. And he hires moto guys with a thorough vetting process.

BigBird and Britt like this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Yes they do. I just used them a month ago.