MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm asking, I have no idea. Just picked it up from a riders race report from the weekend and got curious. Can't remember the last time we've had someone kicked off property although it has definitely happened. Usually the threat calms peeps down.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, spill it.:D

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

"less safe? No"... .. "no more or less problems than any other start"
    I took this as you saying it's just as safe with or without warmers after a red flag. Not sure how it could be understood differently but, you know i'm prone to looking at stuff from a funny angle sometimes. ;)
    I didn't take this as you saying we should never use warmers or that it's inherently UNsafe to restart the endurance event after not using warmers.. but i don't think many would disagree that it is potentially SAFER to allow warmers during a red flag, especially if there is a long delay for a big clean up. Riders have to make the choice to restart or call it a day, of course, and not get stupid with the throttle. It's a dangerous sport with or without warmers.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you're still pissed about the paarking space so you're going to be bitching about everything I say for a while :D

It would be nicer for the rider if we allowed them. Absolutely. I honestly wish I could put an official on each bike and do so. However it's not feasible. As for the trusting teams, it's amazing the shit people have tried to pull just when putting an umbrella over the fuel tank/seat. I can trust them a lot more to use their heads on the restart.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I thought they did the fast start or what ever they call it for that reason on the restart. They do an out lap, grid up for a second , then warm up lap , then grid for a start?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

At the risk of thread high jack, we may need a pic of that rascal. :beer:

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So MotoSt ran classes with the premier classes on Saturday and Sunday?

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i was there at Barber, 2009 for MotoST. Lyles Sanders and I raced @Robby-Bobby's Sv650. Pros were racing before or after or both.. can't remember.
    Dane Westby and Frank Shockly took 2nd behind Dad and son Felice (they were both on Duc1000s)
    [​IMG]

tawzx12r and G 97 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, exactly. IIRC it was Saturday afternoon. Don’t remember Sunday. But for sure they ran along with all the other AMA Pro Racing classes. Same weekend. Same track. Same organization. Same AMA Pro racing.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, I was there.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I honestly remember it running on Friday.
    Then the ama stuff on Saturday/ Sunday
    But I could be wrong
    Gotta be an old schedule somewhere

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different things at different events I believe. Never attended one so dunno for sure.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

It could have ran on Friday. They were three day events back then so possibly.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I was at one of the combined events but I honestly can’t remember the order.
    Now I’m thinking it was Sunday morning at like a weird real early hour

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is what happens when old folks have a conversation....

:crackup:

Phl218, MachineR1, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Truth!!!

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought about trying to exclude myself from that one and decided no point :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, MA screwed up again. Renewed the recap show deal with NBC Sports.

JJJerry, 418 and The Great One like this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner