MotoAmerica FINALE - Barber Motorsports Park - Sept 20-22 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it has happened. However I don't know any racer good enough or stupid enough to be able to crash on purpose and cause a red flag.

Less safe? No. Riders who can't control their right wrists are the safety issue there and it's the same one with or without warmers.

I've seen packs of riders charging into T1 without warmers every single Endurance restart. No more or less problems than any other start.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a sprint endurance race. I guess you really do learn something new every day.

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

It’s called the team challenge haha

DucatiBomber likes this.
  4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Or a rider go down and lay there jussssst long enough to warrant a red flag. Hmph.
    Even MA allows tire warmers on red flags - can't imagine why that is :rolleyes:

r6boater, MELK-MAN and drop like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If a rider lays there we'd get back running. Try a scenario that would actually fit endurance racing.

MA has a lot more personnel and allows bikes to be worked on during a red. Yet again, try a scenario that fits endurance racing.

It's funny to me how people want to win in the rules rather than being faster on track.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Didn't Aaron Yates do that once, pretty sure he did.

MELK-MAN and Hoffman900 like this.
  7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Was it during a WERA endurance race?

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Isn’t the laying there to draw a red flag the reason Bobby Fong wasn’t allowed to restart Race 1 at VIR? Which ironically, PJ won.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    rcarson15 likes this.
  9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No. He was declared unfit to race by Race Direction.

MELK-MAN and Hoffman900 like this.
  10. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Wasn’t sure - I remember they were pretty heated in their pits.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My F150 is 41 years old. You are just a poser. I plan on driving it until one of us dies, most likely me.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

It’s not? On today’s tires? Have you ever ridden a cold Dunlop slick?

r6boater and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it is not, yes even on todays tires, no I have not ridden a cold slick of any brand.

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

:bow:

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Because it’s a for profit company and I will be critical of it if I want.
    To Keep telling them they are doing everything right when they aren’t ... how is that responsible?
    Either way I am a customer- if I’m racing, helping fund a team or simply as a fan.
    They produce a product that racers are out there taking the risks and most of which are spending their own money on. I think they could do things differently in some aspects to help the teams and racers be more successful.

The topic of it being a professional sport or not I’m not debating that’s been debated. But Before MotoAmerica and the twins cup there was some fairly legit vetting that went into who could grid up. MotoAmerica opened it up to Novice racers. That’s not by anyone’s definition professional.

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

To be fair, AMA Pro racing did the same. Most notably with MOTO-ST. While DMG greatly relaxed their licensing requirements. So in all reality, it’s really nothing new nor limited to MA.

MELK-MAN and 5axis like this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

First off buy the depreciated car. I never had a car made in that decade until I was in my 30's. The biggest issue I see with mellenials is they expect to live at the standard their parents do right out of the box without the decades of work up to that point. Though I also see a lot of great kids so the potential is as good as it always has been for the next generation(s)

Gino230, r6boater and AC1108 like this.
  19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Moto-ST was more comparable to the triple crown situation and it didn’t even run on the premier class days

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

While we're hatin' .. can I hate on your signature colors. I mean, WTF ...

:D

MELK-MAN likes this.