1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#WEAREBALITMORE

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jul 28, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So you guys elected mini-Trump, them?

Fascinating how that works.

ducnut likes this.
  2. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Fired up! Ready to go!
    Fired up! Ready to go!
    Fired up! Ready to go!
    Fired up! Ready to go!
    Lets get it folks

blkduc likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The officers at the town hall meeting seemed enthusiastic and proud of what’s been happening. In fact, they just arrested another methhead, a little while ago.

They’ve passed an ordinance here that allows them to attain a search warrant on ANY house they suspect with drug activity. The county is working on adopting the same law. The chief said they’ve got ~12 main houses to get cleaned up and this town is going to be a different place.

That freedom, and support from the state’s attorney office, means the LEO’s are raiding the shit out of places. Saturday evening, they raided a place ~1/2mi north up the main road from me. While doing that, they spotted a guy with a warrant, sitting at the road block, so they got him, too. Haha. Last week, a property they’re working a case on, housed a guy who hung himself. Paranoia must’ve got the best of him. The next day, six officers were investigating a shooting at a meth house. While talking to a witness, the shooter, who was hiding in some neighboring overgrowth, put a round into her forehead. That was two methheads shot and one arrested for doing the shooting. This town of 10K has been like the Wild West and our new chief is the new sheriff.

It’s going to be interesting. There was obvious enthusiasm and support for the police department, councilmembers, school superintendent, etc. Most every city official, elected or hired, is new....all because of our new mayor. The swamp is draining.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Have we finally found the cure for Liberalism?

May we ACTUALLY see a call for accountability in Government at all levels?

Will Batman reveal that he's really Bruce Wayne?

Will Superman reveal he's actually Clark Kent under that clever disguise he wears during the day?

Stay tuned.....

ducnut likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is his name Bart?

ducnut and Fonda Dix like this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And let me guess the day today decent majority is loving it. Or you can defend rats and illegals for no change

ducnut likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I like the fact that the town is cleaning up, but I question the 4th amendment issues implied here.

ducnut and GRH like this.
  8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one... Hopefully there's a lot more to the story we're not getting.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

The sheriff is near!

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

All they have to do is establish probable cause. However, the city has something in place that offers them some type of leniency. I haven’t read the ordinance, I only know what LE has told me.

Black Friday 2018, I called 911 on the neighboring house. The amount of drug traffic through that place was astounding and there were, from what I could count of the regulars, seven people living there. The homeowner was feeling the pressure of neighbors watching her and one of the neighbors daughter’s starting to date an LEO, which put him across the street from her, all the time. She started giving the freeloaders the boot and picking up all the trash around the place, including syringes. On that Friday, I watched a guy approach the front door, start beating on it, yelling and cursing about wanting in. When he started around to the back door, he saw a basement window cracked open (gotta’ vent the cooking, ya’ know). As soon as he stuck his head inside, I called dispatch. It was shift change, so that got four officers, four deputies, and a K-9 on the scene. They cleared the house of people, sent some away who boomeranged, and arrested two with warrants. A week later, we’re hit with a tornado through our neighborhood. When I saw one of the responding officers, I asked how it was that all those people are involved in drug activity, yet, only those with warrants were arrested. He said, because we’re county residents (city line runs up the other side of my property, opposite the meth house), they’re restricted as to how they go about searching houses. He acknowledged they knew and saw it was a drug house, but, couldn’t do anything about it, because of how the search/arrest has to be arranged. He said, in the city, responding to a burglary and finding it a drug house, they could arrest on every illegal activity they find. He said that law is in the process of being added to the county, so they can start cleaning it up, as well. What’s happening is the city operations are moving out to rural properties, where they put multiple camping trailers on a farmhouse property and setup much larger operations and living arrangements.

Last night, there was talk of how to make property owners (landlords) more accountable for the activities going on, on their properties. We have a realtor and slumlord that hires methheads. He gives them a house to live in, a vehicle to drive, and enough money to keep them around doing odd jobs for him. Inexplicably, he managed to buy the meth house next to me, before sheriff’s sale, and I have some of the same methheads right back in there. We had intentions of buying the place, at that sale. “Pissed” is an understatement. The same slumlord has multiple dilapidated properties around town and the city passed an ordinance, 10mos ago, allowing the city to assume those types of properties and bulldoze them. They have three on schedule, currently, with one being his and two others of his they’re proposing. The mayor said he was sick of looking at these places and was done with it. Either they’re renovated into a habitable dwelling or they’re demolished. If ANY person has a dilapidated property they can no longer afford to maintain, the city will demolish it for free, in exchange for the city assuming the land. These properties have turned into dwellings squatters are taking over. Then, the personal trash, needles, feces, etc start appearing around the place and the mayor is having none of it.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

ducnut and YamahaRick like this.
  12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Tonight I'll drink my bourbon out of my liberal tears coffee mug...loves me some libtards cryin!

G 97 likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I've found that a good Tequila goes well with the saltiness - wait can I say that? Is that racist?

G 97 likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

18. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Part of the problem with crap cities like Baltimore and Detroit is that when they get a guy like this that helps that vast majority of people they turn on him, often turning to a race baiter that enables and or is a criminal. Khame in Detroit is a prime example.

ducnut likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

All good stuff, but with a city of only 10k, at some point it'll be more or less clean and those cops are going to be looking for something to do. Or the ACLU is going to catch wind and shut it all down on some 4th amendment shit.

ducnut likes this.