1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help my body positioning

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by AC792, Aug 22, 2018.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That doesn't sound right to me. For me that would hinder transitioning from left to right quickly and smoothly if you have to also simultaneously move both feet in an alternating direction as you transition from left to right.I stay the balls of my feet unless im using the rear brake a bit and slide a tiny bit forward to touch the lever. But im never on my heels.

2. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

You bring up a good point, for situations like fast chicanes where you’ll be transitioning to the other side quickly I don’t place the peg on my sold but stay on the ball with both feet during the first part of the chicane.

But look at any wsbk race and you’ll notice the riders have that outside foot with the peg in the sole of the foot, regardless whether it’s a left or right hand turn.

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Usually its cause they are small... like me ! My friends call it the DUCK style... foot out like a duck lol I find it funny...

Taller guys are usually able to keep both feet on the ball of their feet.

And yes, even a smaller stature guy (like moi) will stand on the ball of his toes during transition of fast chicanes.

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm 6'3" and found I felt much more stable and had a ton of improvement when I started putting the middle of my outside foot on the peg. I couldn't do it as easily on left hand corners because my boot would snag on my brake master mounting bolts, and I could tell that left handers noticeably suffered because I was leaving the ball of my foot on the peg, in addition to I would feel more fatigued on left handers and would get cramps on the outside of my hip. Maybe changing rearset location would help and I'll probably play with that this year, but it was transformative for me.

KneeDragger_c69 and AC792 like this.
  5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Indeed... not all shorties like moi do the DUCK stance lol

But yes... I too have felt hip tightness and changing my rear sets as helped a lot. Hope it does the same for you.