1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what's going on with Kurtis Roberts.

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I think if he has a FB account then FB messenger would be an easy way to reach out to him. This is sad to see, someone of his caliber falling to the bottom. I think one of the best saves I have ever seen was him on the Erion bike. Major highside that he went over and smashed his windscreen and somehow managed to save it and keep going. Probably a bunch of stubborn asses in that family.

SpeedyE and ToofPic like this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Has ANYONE spent time around Kenny Sr. or know peeps that have?
    Im no Kurtis fan,but for fooks sake ..Is anyone surprised if you go against that pissy old bastard,your'e gonna
    end up living in a tent.
    Kenny demands respect,and rules with an iron fist,and Kurtis is paying for it.There can only be one Rooster,and Kurtis isnt it.
    Didnt this all start from a failing Almond farm,pistachios, or some nut?
    Hope he gets back on his feet,I have a spare bedroom he can stay in,but he has to listen to my yappy dogs.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Never met him, probs never will. I am a recovered(ing), TBI/GCS #3 survivor.
    It's great to see this community/forum so concerned about someone the regulars know.
    This is one of the reasons I like to hang out here.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yeah, until the battery is dead or the cell service is cut off for non payment...

5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

man, wonder where all his money went?

6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Ever been to a public library? Most have realized they are less about books and more about providing computers. Lots of people checking their Facebook there as they don’t own a computer...

7. vizsladog

wow

Or the time your girlfriend from Colorado flies in for your birthday. She’s meeting your family for the first time. She also happens to be half black and half white not visually half and half genetically. Anyway you ask your dad if he’d please poor you a glass of wine. No big deal your thinking right he’s right next to your girlfriend and his response is, “what do I look like your Nigger.” What do you do then? After all I’m lucky born in every motorcycles idea of how lucky he is. Or just a month and a half later at his New Years party same idiot comes down during his party with a Jamaican hat dreadlocks down in and the cherry on to he’s topped it off with shoe polish black face even put some on a tooth. Yes she was there for that to.

8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I certainly am not from Mass. when I typed in malato, I was not autocorrected so I ran with it. My bad.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not trying to be a dick but did he ever really have any? I'm talking huge amounts. Outside of the rides with Erion, his dad and a few fill in rides for JU I can't think of a lot of teams he raced and I doubt Dad paid him a buttton when he did the 250s and there wasn't a lot of cash in the team when he raced that KR Honda.

SpeedyE and vizsladog like this.
  10. vizsladog

yeah,guess youre right.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Your dad, or KRSR?

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sad to see, definitely gotta be some mental issues involved. Maybe CTE as some have suggested, who knows? Something ain’t right with his head for sure.

My cousin is a schizophrenic, lives in a tent and has for years now. I looked up to him when I was a kid and thought he was the shit. He had a nice house, nice trucks, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, dated nice white girls. Before he went nuts he had his own HVAC business and was making a shitload of money. I don’t think he’ll ever live a normal life again. He refuses to take meds. WTF can you do for someone like that?

I hope someone can help Kurtis and he can help himself out of this situation, it’s extremely sad to watch someone who was killing it fall into such a state. The longer he’s out there the less likely he’ll ever come back from it. He has to actually want the help though. Hopefully he can get into some kind of resident program for whatever issue he has, and soon. As much as I’m sure Kenny Sr. is a dick, you’re responsible for the way you respond to them and for your own shit. We don’t know the full story. Hell, whatever problems he had with his family might’ve been caused by whatever underlying issue he’s dealing with. I really hope this dude gets off the streets, it’s a hell of a thing to see.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No, actually not in about 35yrs...before the interwebs.

14. vizsladog

what?

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Nothing

This

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You didn't use quotation marks... it confused him.

vizsladog likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Beat it, Yanni. Wasn't sure if you were telling stories from your life experiences, or Kurtis'.

speedluvn likes this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm shocked and offended at the blatant racism (first I'd heard that angle) and to a lesser extent, the butchering of the English language displayed above.

19. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago

Met Kurtis back when Bike Week was BIKE WEEK and the 200 was AMA Superbike. He was getting advise from Fast Freddie and took the time to stop and speak with me. Nice kid.
    Had dinner at Carabas across the street from the Speedway & sat in a booth behind KRSR, my friend accidentally called him Kenny Rodgers.
    He laughed (King Kenny).
    Good things happen to good people. Sounds like he needs a change of scenery & perspective. Possibly rehab.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Obviously you ain't hit up KR FB for the verbs n adjectives