1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT Racing shuts down...

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

https://www.xtracing.com/
    Really bummed, I've used their products for a long time and I was looking forward to more years. I wish them the best

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Bummer.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Good peeps

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Eff My Life

I was going to call them next week about some sensors...

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

that sucks. great products and support over the years. couldn't have been an easy decision.

beac83 likes this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Call now! Get the last ones....

Too bad when industry players close their doors. Bummer.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Dropping like flies these days...

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Great people and support... just miles from my house as well... Thanks for the support over the years...

9. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Speaking of companies going away, when did Lockhart Philips go away? I never heard anything and found out when I tried to go to their site a week ago.

10. condon66

condon66 Member well known

That's a bummer.

11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Sucks to see any quality brand in our sport bite the dust.

BigBird likes this.
  12. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Haven’t really kept up with them over the years as I quit using my old XT as there never seemed to be a beacon set up. I assume they had GPS based data logging more recently?

ruckusracing likes this.
  13. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Yes sir, I have been using my Zed (gps) timer for a few years and love it

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always wondered why they kept doing it really. Started as a sideline to their racing and I never really saw it pushed as a full time only business deal.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My original XT ('02?) took a shit. Last year, I sent it in for repair. They sent me an upgrade unit as mine was essentially a paperweight. They also gave my beacon a clean bill of health.
    I liked it but, these days, the GPS stuff is leaps and bounds ahead of that game and some bikes come with onboard timers, so...

Saw camera footage from a Garmin VIRB. It displayed a bunch of stuff on playback. Don't know if it does a real-time laptime display, but it's kinda cool anyway.
    61 Cubees Advanced Group NYST Day 2 - YouTube

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Good people, great products, excellent service and support. I wish them the best going forward.

TLR67 likes this.
  17. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

to bad great company with great service

18. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone. 17 years was a pretty good run. For the past years we have been running XT Racing in conjunction with our machining business Tovella Mfg. It has come to the point where our machining business is taking all our focus and there is only so much time available in the week. We had a blast working with the racing community and it accounted for some of the best memories of my life. I'll always be a fan of you guys and wish everyone the best of luck with their endeavors. Happy Thanksgiving.

David Weber

19. I like the AIM timers better, but XTs customer service has always been second to none. They truly were great people to do business with and always went above and beyond to take care of their customers.

20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

David,

Thank you so much for your help and support of our team in 2013-2014. We installed the GPX Pro 8 on John's R6, and it was instrumental in helping him and me make the huge leap from the rudimentary HRC datalogger on the RS125.

Good luck in the future, sir.

Troy Gessner
    T&J Racing (ret.)