Automatic transmission manual shift kit

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

we are so deep in this now, i feel the OP has to make this happen.

when there's a will, there's a way.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think a donor V8 with a manual from a junkyard and some welding is in order. :D

Phl218, badmoon692008 and masshole like this.
  3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It's easier to just put the license plates on a vehicle with all that stuff on it already. I mean, it's an escape, not an old charger or something cool.. It'll be fun until it costs you money, now you're going to re-engineer stuff you may or may not have any skills at? Keep it as is and enjoy it while practical. :D

BigBird likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

OK, I think, based on how completely clueless you appear to be on this topic, that maybe you should go hang out in a different thread.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is how he posts in all threads....

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Holy fucking shit. I mean seriously.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, sadly I'm serious.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I love the idea. My buddy thinks it's doable, with caveats. Not impossible or stupid, just a tad difficult and likely unpretty.

However, I'm all about tilting at windmills, and I want to see this succeed (or at least start).

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!!!!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Instead of R typing it and slamming it to the deck why not put a lift kit, some bash guards and do some light off roading with it?

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

ehh...

if we based everything on appearances.. o wieght. ah nevermind... lol

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What do you mean, that I may not have skills at? Of course I don't have the needed skills in that area. That is why I am on here asking advice from some who do have the skills and getting advice from those that are even more clueless than me.:)
    The point is, I think it can do this and I will end up with a vehicle that handles better than it does stock ( and it really is pretty good for what it is) and I will be able to control my shift points better than the trans does by itself. I do not plan on spending much more money on it than I need to for the parts that it really needs.

All in all, it is still a bad idea, but that doesn't mean I am not going to do it.

Mark,
    My SV is WERA SS legal, so all of the good CCS cheater SS stuff is not on this bike. I did race Ed Key's CCS legal SS Sv at Blackhawk one time and it was fun.

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Agreed, if you want a Manual Tranny (like my truck), get a vehicle with one

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

get a minivan. you'll be happier.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

basically it's the essence of the sleeper concept, just without the power increase.

IIRC, the orientation of motor / crank to axle - it should allow you to do a VW VR6 swap, incl. tranny.

best of both worlds. a good pulling and sounding 6 cyl with way more tuning potential, and a manual transmission. now if you found a syncro donor, you could even make it 4wd.

cha-ching!

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Buy a manual transmission V6 ranger. Swap the escape body on to the ranger frame. Simple.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fixed for wheelbase : 103 on the escape, 111-122 on ranger

A tacoma with 103.3 would fit ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018