1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 AMA Road Race Grand Championships

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, it closed Monday at midnight (as the letter said it would :D ).

2. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

So I assume it’s only morning-of registration now correct? My wrist is (mostly) healed up, I tested it out at the STT track day at Barber Sunday so I’m aiming to make it Sat/Sun.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, registration is open each morning at 7:30 other than Sunday which is at 8am.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Barber website says gates are open 8:30am- 5pm. If I show up at 6 or 7 pm on Thursday to camp in the pits, will I be locked out until 8:30am Friday? That doesn’t make sense but how I read their gate times.

And did we figure out what a 1-day ticket cost for Saturday.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No once you pay to get in and sign track waiver you can come and go 24 x 7 all weekend with wristband.. Barbers site is more less about the Museum being open too.. go from the WERA schedule...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no one day pass for racers. Our ticket seller will be there until 9 or 10 every night. The gate is open all the time, you just have to have your wristband.

Barbers site is for spectator ticket sales best I can tell but it's so far from our reality in the paddock I've never tried too hard to sort it out :D

7. chad williams

chad williams Active Member

Is anyone going to GNF from Southern California that could bring home a kids bike for us? We would much rather give another racer a few hundred bucks than a shipper! Please contact me (310)350-9749 if anyone has room in their trailer for a youth bike (moriwaki 250) ont he return trip !
    Need to find someone asap!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Monsterdood

Listen man, I’m trying to save road racing one spectator at a time. :p

You must be trying to kill road racing with this whole “not trying too hard”... :Poke::crackup:

I just know that the folks I invited are going to get sticker shock paying a full weekend racer rate versus a 1-day spectator. Hopefully Barber has something reasonably priced for a 1-day spectator.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue, that's all in their hands. We have no say that I know of.

11. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Shawn, if I show up at the gate at 11:00 PM Wednesday night will I be able to get in so I can do the sign up and bike inspection first thing Thursday morning?

I understand I can get in and out with the wrist band at any hour, but I would not have one the first time I come in. The barber official gate hours are 8:30 to 5:00.

Also which practice groups do V5 and V6HW run with?

I so much appreciate racers can get real answers for somebody that knows.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ignore those Gate Hours. Unless your going there when there is NOT an Event going on. If I am not mistaken the gate will close at 10PM CST for credentials. But Lot G will be open 24-7 to park.

13. dave3593

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our gate person (Michelle, be nice to her as she rocks) will be selling wristbands until midnight on Wednesday.

V5 and 6 will kind of depend on you and the bike. We can slot you in where you'll fit best.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Close - for this one it's Midnight on Wednesday, I think it's 10pm the other nights.

16. dave3593

I hit the no road as soon as l heard 12. Thanks!

17. Monsterdood

At check in, they told me that a Saturday spectator pass was $10 and a Sunday spectator pass was $20. Just in case anyone else was trying to get hords of spectators here too! :D

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nice bike... My buddy John Next door got it and the Motor.... Stunt competition starts in 15 MIn!!

19. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

apologies in advance for thread jack question.... Sean: 2019 WERA schedule expected after Jan 1 ?
    Sitting around with a dusted leg so I'm bored:D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next couple of weeks. Should have the MS and SE regions this week.

DBConz and Jon Wilkens like this.