1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Then there was the attempted cover up by her and her staff. Not sure if those broke any laws, but considering that lying to the FBI gets you jail time I have no doubts many lies were told.

kangasj likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And if you actually looked into it, you'd see that the "investigation" was a joke and was the complete opposite of the investigation into Trump. Your ignorance doesn't change the facts, though, there was no investigation of Clinton, just a coverup.

The Mueller investigation has not found one thing on Trump and yet continues after over two years without the slightest evidence that any crime even took place. A report exonerating Hillary was prepared before most of the people involved were even questioned.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A motivated Federal Prosecutor can, and have, obtained convictions even with contradictory evidence*.

*You simply have to keep exculpatory evidence from the defense.

4. In Your Corner

As we've seen, the only crime required is lying to the FBI, and they certainly could have gotten the whole bunch for that, if the FBI wasn't working with them.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yet when the FBI lies, which is often, nothing happens.

Banditracer likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When they brief you and tell an entire room point blank to NOT do what she did because YOU will go to jail it is a sign. Oh and the people briefing are the most humorless dry people you can imagine, or worse. So no it was not presentation humor.

7. sheepofblue

Not illegal unless in court under oath. Sounds like a reason to NEVER talk to them doesn't it?

8. sheepofblue

No intent in that law. That was a misrepresentation by Comey. Ask the sailor who went to jail for taking a picture in a sub with zero intent to distribute AND no leaks to foriegn countries on his home server :crackup: The list that witch broke is to long to bother writing.

9. sheepofblue

Destroying evidence was a start.... oh and there is ample proof that the stuff her and her team deleted as yoga and baby emails was not as there are confirmed copies found from recipients and others on the chain.

kangasj likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Wonder why Slick Willy and Lunch met privately on an airstrip....

11. In Your Corner

Surely you don't suspect malfeasance?
    They were just engaging in idle chatter about the grandkids and exchanging recipes and such.
    Sure they were.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No one is going to investigate that family full-bore. People who piss them off have a weird habit of shooting themselves in the back of the head. Twice.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is the best summary of our government that I have heard. Seriously, everyone should watch this. It is the best 12 minutes you will spend today and holy cow this guy nails it. This should be a sticky in the Dungeon...seriously it's that good.

14. In Your Corner

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The problem is, the dems don’t care about any of this anymore. In their by any means necessary attitudes, the Articles of the Constitution, rule of law, legislative rules, don’t apply unless it can be made to advance their agenda. And, then there are those in that party that are babbling idiots elected by even bigger idiots. That display of idiot has been in full view from the beginning of the Kavanaugh hearings.

Photo likes this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How then do you explain the unprecedented act to not have a hearing over Garland?
    The longer both sides fail to recognize complicity, the longer (and deeper) hole the legislative branch sinks.

It really isn’t one side’s fault, even though every partisan hack thinks so.

HPPT and Chino52405 like this.
  17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Is a hearing even required?

18. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Biggest pile of BS ever right there. The act to not have a hearing over Garland was NOT unprecedented. We can go back and forth forever, but the fact is that the whole "not during a presidential election" thing was created by the Democrats. Now, hypocrites are trying to twist that event into something completely different - but a review of actual facts rather than partisan bullshit seems to point it that way. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a big supporter of the GOP right now either, but I cannot fault them in any way for either the Garland event or this one.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

The left's last defense is always "both sides do the same thing".
    Bullshit.
    The right has finally found some balls and decided to play by the rules the left has been using and they don't like it.
    You know damn well that if the sides had been reversed the left would have blocked any vote on another SCJ under the circumstances. It was the left that created the contentious process for naming SC justices and they have no right to complain now when things don't go their way.

Photo likes this.
  20. sheepofblue

The same way I would explain the Democrats trying to drag out every confirmation using procedural hurdles. Overall the Republicans gave Obama nominees little blow back and reasonable confirmation times (I am sure there are exceptions). Contrast that with the early years of you have to pass it to see what is in it. Sorry I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Democrats who also invented Borking a nominee and are now paying people to go throw a fit during the proceedings. Personally I think they should say F it and vote now.