1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Sep 4, 2018.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If the nominee was a hardcore lefty that wanted to take away guns, do you think that there wouldn't be craziness?

2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Fuck you, NO they're not really.
    One side uses logic, and wanting ALL Americans to improve.
    One side wants to keep people where they're at, they strive for mediocrity- at best.

Sure there are some on both sides. One side is nearly all scumbags, while the other is a bit more righteous. Like the parties have been even before the Civil War.
    Which side was against abolishing slavery, was for civil rights, etc.
    Which side was putting an end to it?

Do you actually do any research into a statement like that you made?

tony 340 and G 97 like this.
  3. code3ryder

Excuse me..who the fuck are you?

You mean the side that believes that gay marriage is bad, they should have control over a woman's body, that poor people should just fucking starve because they need help? They're the righteous ones?

Back up your stupid fucking statement that one side is nearly all scumbags. Please document all cases against each person on the left that makes them a scumbag. Please bring facts, not opinion.

Chino52405 likes this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I find it all funny because he will be the next SCJ. No matter what the crazy left does.

K51000 likes this.
  5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Show me where there was the same shit going on amongst senators and the public audience when there was any other hearing of a SCOTUS nominee. Take all the time you need. I'll be waiting.

6. code3ryder

Do you think this needs to be narrowed solely to a SCOTUS nominee? I believe the level of craziness could apply to all types of things involving Congress when the public is allowed and the cameras are shined on the Senators. They have always been grandstanding peeps. How about the fact that the Right wouldn't even hold a vote for Garland? Is that really any different?

I think that both sides are nuts and that they're at the extreme ends of their beliefs so that no matter what issue may come up, there is going to be ugliness. So, my statement was that if a pro-choice, anti-gun candidate was selected, you'd see the Right come out in force and cause the same type of nonsense. Do you disagree? Do you believe that if the Left had unbeatable numbers, that they should "just take the vote" because it's a matter-of-fact that the nominee would be confirmed? Do you believe that the Republicans would just be like, "ok, let's vote, I don't need to be heard"?

7. condon66

So based on your words the current nominee is a hardcore righty who wants to reverse every existing law on guns. See, your comment is nonsense. The dem's fear Kavanaugh because he's shoots straight. His record shows that his decisions are not politically based, which is exactly what the dems want and need in order to get more control of gun ownership. Feinstein told Kavanaugh 20 minutes ago that semi-automatic guns are not commonly used by the law-abiding public. These stupid fucks think the only world out there is the one they live in. Which is NOTHING like mine, or yours I'd be willing to bet.

tony 340 and K51000 like this.
  8. condon66

Isn't that what THIS thread is about? And aren't you the one who said it would be different if he (scotus nom) were a hardcore lefty? Jesus.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Nice try, no cigar.

10. code3ryder

I'm not saying that he's hardcore righty, I'm saying that the left sees him that way because, as I said, each side is at their extremes. To me it's the same as the people on the right who said that Obama was going to take all our guns. Did he EVER really make a move towards that? Nope. But my god gun sales went through the roof and became expensive as shit.

It's hard being in the middle and feeling like none of these idiots represent you.

11. condon66

It's not about them being heard. All the senators will be heard.

12. code3ryder

My point is that the craziness isn't limited to this. Supreme court nominations have been controversial and politically driven forever.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Garland would have been a lame duck appointment. That, IMHO is not the same as a mid-term appointment. YMMV.

14. condon66

So you present me with a what-if nominee scenario and then when I shoot that down......

15. code3ryder

Why is different? Is there no chance that there is enough of a shift in Congress that it may affect things?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are serious aren't you? Sad.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Appointments are for life and non-political so why does on day one or with a year left matter?
    Can't protest a hearing that doesn't happen.
    [​IMG]

code3ryder likes this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You seemed to have missed the subjunctive tense. It requires you to think about hypotheticals.
    No nominee in history sat waiting for vetting for a longer period of time. Kennedy was confirmed even though he hit the confirmation process one month earlier. If you think the rules aren't changing regarding the process (and public involvement) of SCOTUS appointments, I suspect you haven't studied its history.
    So...not very humble after all.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They aren't supposed to be political, but they damn sure have been made ideological.
    I recall a significant amount of wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bork.