1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Central Racers

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We were hoping to get Nelson Ledges this year to flesh out the schedule but as that isn't happening - would you guys want to make a trip south to add another round?

Cycle Jam is only a week before Grattan and with Pitt Race the following weekend that is way too much. Thought maybe Barber in June but again, way too many too close together. September Road Atlanta is a possibility though, what do you think?

2. HEF211

HEF211 Well-Known Member

Just my 2 cents...but I believe Cycle Jam should be every region west of the Rockies. It’s like the mid-season GNF.

cav115 and Shenanigans like this.
  3. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

That's a lot of traveling within a month for some of us part timers with vacation days. Nothing can be done for September? We'd be done by August 5th and then no racing again regionally until next May. That's a long time. Not all of us can make it to the big events down south. Why again is VIR in early August instead of Grattan for the 3rd round and VIR in October where they typically get better fall weather? Last year's October Grattan round was miserable and most of us didn't race.

Just speaking out loud of course.

Hawkins92 likes this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

NJMP? At least a few of us will be there for endurance anyway. Not sure how Sportsman fits into the schedule though.

Sept Road Atlanta would work as well.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't get anything up north in that time period which is why I'm asking about Road Atlanta in September. We thought we'd get Nelson but it didn't work out.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NJMP is already paying Atlantic Coastal points. Don't want to force anyone into paying those tolls to go for a championship :D

Hawkins92 likes this.
  7. Hawkins92

Hawkins92 Member

Call it 5 rounds for North Central this year.
    For North Central I feel we should keep it North Central...
    I know a few of us NC guys want to try and hit the Barber GNF, but another south round added this late will kill our pockets and planned vacation time.

A.Brooks98 likes this.
  8. A.Brooks98

A.Brooks98 Active Member

As much as I’d love to go south and race, it adds a lot of cost and time to completing the full North Central series.
    I’m cool with what we’ve got now and trying to hit the GNF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkins92 likes this.
  9. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Dang. Ok Sean evidently I missed the announcement? Had no idea this got scotched. Facility just not gonna be ready? Was gonna
    do a trackday there with the LEAN dudes but if we're not racing there I'll save my $$.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not going to happen this year. Miscommunication on scheduling.

11. GDyn

GDyn Member

So was the final verdict to call it at 5 races?

I'm looking at GMan's schedule right now and it has TBD listed for 8/18-19. Might be worth a phone call?

Hawkins92 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every time we've tried Gingerman we lose a bunch of money. Doesn't matter what date, what time of year, how the pavement is or anything.

Still trying to decide on Road Atlanta in September. I want to talk to people at Pitt this weekend and see if I can get more input in person.

13. Hawkins92

Hawkins92 Member

Road Atlanta is a southern track, not North Central. The only people that will be able to make Road Atlanta are the guys already doing the National Challenge series. Us North Central region only guys will not be able to make the commitment this late in the year. Tires, fuel, vacation time, and $ is all planned out before the race season starts. Adding another round that far away for us is extremely unprofessional and will only drive racers away from committing to future full seasons, if they attend WERA events at all. And that’s how 99% of North Central guys/gals feel.

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta would be a great addition to our region, especially after 3/4 of our races were at Grattan.

Those that don`t want to go don`t have to; same as any round for any reason.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We would love to go to Road Atlanta.. I see others above who feel the same. How did you arrive @ 99% ?? LOL

We have known for months that they were working on another round; it`s not last minute.

They are dealing with Nelson cancelling on them. It`s not a lack of professionalism.

People aren`t going to quit racing because of that. WERA does a great job for us.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  16. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

+1 Cycle Jam weekend was a blast!

cav115 likes this.
  17. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it sucks. We get a single day at VIR for NC racers. We drive that far for one day. Unless we can consider adding an Iron Butt for us solo guys to get some seat time for setup and practice, going that far is crazy. But, we did it last year and will do it this year.

Road Atlanta is another head scratcher. Let's say we make the trek in Sept. We then go to the GNF in October? That's a shit pile of driving for regional racing. This sport is not cheap as it is. But to have to force a racer to travel to Atlanta for a regional set of points is really a stretch. Some of us try and win championships for sponsors and our dealers that support us.

We talked about it at Mid-O and we think we may do that round anyways. But the GNF would then be out.

Then I look at it and am pissed that we have so many tracks we ride but don't race. Nelson schedule issue was out of WERA's hands. NCM is in KY and I think MCRA races there, but we don't. MCRA races Putnam, we don't. CCS and ARHMA race Road America, we don't. CCS and ARHMA race Gingerman, we don't. There's a ton of tracks in the NC region that many of us race at with other orgs. that we do not. I listed 5 tracks that we could or should be racing. Instead, we are going to Atlanta because we ran out of tracks.

It's just a bummer because budgets are tight at the end of the year, vacations are slotted for a season that is announced earlier and we as racers were never asked or allowed to give an opinion or vote. It's pretty much just laid in front of us. I think we should have left it alone and let the races end at VIR and hopefully get the guys down to the GNF this time around since they saved not having 1-2 rounds at the end.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Where do you live lizard? (

19. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Road America would be nice... I agree there.

20. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Ohio.

Most the guys that race NC are from Ohio, MI, IN. So, all those tracks I mention are within reach to them. Sure, a guy that lives in Cincy or even across the boarder in KY can get to Road Atlanta easier than say a guy in Lansing, MI. However, the idea to a regional series is that it stays regional.

Now if there was a regional series that was eastern US and western US, I get it. But we have so many regions and they cross over a lot. Mid-Atlantic, SE, NC... Should we really have NC peeps running to Atlanta in Sept and ask them to turn around a month later and do Barber?

Finals are one thing. Season is another...