1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NC Grattan Wrap up

Discussion in 'General' started by KCFirebolt, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Morning everyone. Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend. Was great to see familiar faces and meet some new ones too.

Curious to know if anyone has heard an update on the two riders who came together at the start of Sunday's race 1. Saw both staggered away under their own power, but I also heard at least one went to get checked out. That R6 was torn up. Had to be loaded on the trailer with a forklift.

Hope both riders are okay.

Fun to watch Blasius and Jigalov (David Grey too) duke it out on Sunday! Risinger was running on rails. Scudder, Cavinder, and Fitz looked strong. Lameroux, Hawkins, and Storniolo showed a lot of speed. Strong expert field. Little light on Novices.

Recorded the race calls, but there weren't a lot of "exciting" races due to folks spreading out pretty early. If you want the audio for any specific races, let me know.

mastermind, j cal, Smalls and 2 others like this.
  2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming out Chuck! Good seeing you.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  3. GDyn

GDyn Member

I met you and your wife on Saturday night. Really enjoyed your calls all weekend long! You're definitely right about those LWT races being exciting that was some great racing.

I was one of two PN's out there this weekend. Saturday sucked but Sunday was a blast even though the track surface was less than ideal.

Had a great battle in CSS with Joby Mayhard and Arthur Lopez with multiple late braking passes into turn one between us all. I ended up making the final turn one move (late braking one of them just to get out braked by the other, then passing him on the outside and beating him to turn two) so was pretty happy with the result.

Overall this weekend was a huge success and looking forward to receiving my official novice license and not having to wear the orange shirt anymore.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out on my first weekend, especially Rick for running the race school on Saturday and getting me prepped for my first race.

j cal and KCFirebolt like this.
  4. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

whoa.... Charles brought the wife? WTF dude, you never brought her when we were around! :D

5. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

It was great to see everyone. Great announcing !!! Really adds to the track experience.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I love the fact it’s the guy with tittys for a screen name playing the role of “shocked” on this topic. :crackup:

tittys04 likes this.
  7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Healing myself and the bike up after Fridays mishap.. Glad you guys had a good event. Good luck to everyone at Pittsburgh. See all yall at Mid O.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  8. KCFirebolt

She was counting on you and Denise to be there! You still going across the pond? When?

9. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

We had a cheese and wine gathering so all was well! Just outside, baby steps.

5axis and KCFirebolt like this.
  10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Bring her to PITT this weekend! Heading out in July
    I feel like he's been milking the baby steps for too GD long, haha.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

12. KCFirebolt

Sure did! Missed the whole Kraft Clan!

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The Dalwhinnie Friday evening courtesy of KCFirebolt was pretty sweet too. That took the edge off crashing.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I was out there spectating, and dropping sone stuff off for the "Racer Exoress" to deliver.
    It's nice to see after several years and 500mi. a WERA paddock is still the same, friendly and chill.

Can't to get back out there...

And yes that R6 was messed up. He hit the expert *hard*. My guess is the front end and probably frame are junk... I never heard if the oil leaking g was from the forks or engine so maybe even more damage. But glad they both were up and moving...

15. twin ty

twin ty Well-Known Member

Big Meanie,
    Get better!

5axis likes this.