MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure VDS fired him based on that article. Seems like he hasn't been in touch directly with the boss about it at all, just seeing shit in the press.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah, though I wouldn’t give them too much credit though as they probably were just trying to do everything on the cheap.
    Yeah, something strange went on though even if he wasn’t fired. I’d think if there were impropriety they’d get a PI and forensic accountants to get real proof and deliver his termination while the cops were hauling him off.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How would Suzuki doing something with VDS be on the cheap? The team is owned by a Billionaire beer guy and they have strong sponsors.

and Suzuki doesn't pay them, they pay Suzuki.

4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Sandtrap Lowes' girlfriend was the one who tried to get him fired, but it backfired on her and he will be back as team manager in Le Mans.

Attached Files:

5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

She has the same eyes as the golf lady. Definitely a keeper.

BigBird and Shenanigans like this.
  6. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

That 'article' doesn't seem one sided at all.

Golden rule of crisis management, get on the comms front foot and try to take control.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well Rins is now resigned and Asparagus 2 is signed for two more years at Aprilia.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rins was announced maybe a month ago. Are you talking about another extension?

BigBird likes this.
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

IMO Rins hasn't proven much of anything even though I like the guy.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

he definitely has. bin it or podium it....most of the former though. probably has Bautista and Crutchlow posters in his room.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was assumed months ago, I guess the announcement and signing just took place.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I swear they were talking about it on Eurosport like they had witnessed the signature. They've been saying for at least the past couple of rounds that it upset Iannone because he is the one with the better results in his teammate was signed first.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I thought it was done months ago as well but maybe the printer was out of ink and they just got the cartridges.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

She probably sabotages his bike in the garage to facilitate his frequent crashes. Some kind of crazy Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy situation.

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Who takes Lorentho's seat at Ducati?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not convinced he's going anywhere.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He's currently a back marker at Ducati, who would want him? His ego also wouldn't let him sign a new contract with another new factory for a massive pay cut. It clearly takes a special talent to get the Ducati to work on a regular basis, way too many have failed miserably at the challenge.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

AI trades seats with him?

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

That's what should happen. The odds are he'll be a lot happier on the Suzuki . Most probably AI would like to get on the Ducati, too

20. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Lorenzo to Suzuki, Petrucci to Aprilia, Iannone to Pramac, Miller to Marlboro, Dani +1 @Repsol