The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't really expect anyone from that WERA ranks that joins the fray to be particularly slow.

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

3. Venom51

That's not a bad deal. It's be a better deal if the was a 7700k but if you aren't an overclocker that won't matter much.

4. R1Racer99

Yeah I'm going to give this one a try, I can always upgrade later. Thanks.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Speaking of over clocking. I've been reading that it's more beneficial to oc the video card. Thoughts ?

6. Venom51

It depends on what the total utilization is of your card. What does something like MSI afterburner show you for GPU utilization?

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

When I load the sim, 99%

8. Venom51

Are you having issue holding the 90FPS for the Rift?

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Depends, usually 89. I had issues with stuttering when in the Glen practice

10. Venom51

Being right on the edge like that it doesn't hurt to try it. Just go small changes at a time and run a good 30 minutes or so to make sure it'll run stable. Go to far and it'll frustrate more than help you.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Core Voltage : +0
    Power Limit + 100
    Core Clock + 10
    Fan + 61
    Changed nothing as far as FPS

13. R1Racer99

Hey are you still using the single tv? I think I'm going to start with my 47" on a desk and see how I like it, just wondering if you've felt the need to upgrade yet?

14. Venom51

Go up by +10 on the core clock and retest. It's not a change one thing and shit happens kind of process.

15. Venom51

He's in a Rift already.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Will do, and I understand. I'm just going off a youtube video specifically for the 980
    Is there Benchmark software that you recommend of is running it in the sim good enough ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  17. Venom51

No..you need something like MSI Afterburner...EVGA has an overclocking tool as well. They have to be loaded and the profile set every time you reboot the machine. It's not a do it once and forget about it kind of thing like over clocking a CPU via the motherboard BIOS.

Once you get to something stable that runs the way you want it you can set the software to start when Windows starts and automatically set your preferred profile.

What you'll get out of it is dependent on the card as well. If you are running one that has been overclocked by the OEM then you won't be able to get much out of it. You also have to be careful with heat as you may have successful over clock initially but if it gets too hot it will protect itself by slowing itself down.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    BigBird likes this.
  18. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

You're using a rift right? They are locked at 90fps so iracing will always show 89-90.

Speaking of the rift I'm really debating sending it back and going tripples. The immersion is cool, the pixels/screen door effect not so much. I don't know if I can go back to just using a single screen though. Lap times are about the same but being able to race close to someone is a completely different story.

My computer could use an upgrade to be better with the rift but it wouldnt get rid of the SDE. It would let me use higher settings and maybe get a little more clarity down the track, as of now things are a little blurry sometimes and I get an occasional stutter. Also I'm constantly using my recenter button during the race which is annoying.

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You should not need to be recentering. Check your sensor. If I stand up, or move around, I have to recenter. Otherwise I've never had an issue with it.
    As far as SDE, I hardy notice it. Rift just makes it more like racing a bike. I could not hit my apexes with triples no mater where I set the FOV.
    I have afterburner, just have to figure out where my settings went. Have not used it in a long time.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I went to a rift. Now, I'm honest I think it is an incredible upgrade from a single tv. I have told Kenny I think he should try it, but I believe he won't want to give up his triples and how nice every thing looks. I myself really enjoy the 3d immersion part of rift and won't go back,also at 399 it was cheaper then going triples.