1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ground beef.. what make with this utility meat?

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Jul 27, 2017.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

For some reason we always seem to have ground beef in the freezer or fridge and I'm tired of the same old b.s. I make with it. So all mighty beeb, somewhat easy meals to prepare out of this lowly utility meat?

For the record it's chicken and seafood most nights... I can make those 8000 different ways. The ground beef has me scratching my head. Probably because we don't cook with it often enough.

GO!

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hamburgers.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Tacos, burritos, taco salad, sloppy Joes, meatloaf, meat balls, kebabs, man the list could go on for a while.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Tacos nachos burgers... old hat.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Hamburger vegetable soup.

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Cook ground beef, add taco seasoning and sloppy joe sauce. Add half can black beans and half can corn. Cook cheesiest mac n cheese you can find, add half of the ground beef concoction into the mac n cheese and mix up.

Serve like regular mac n cheese, or use it as a dip for Tostitos or Fritos, or grab some tortillas for beefy mac n cheese burritos.

The remaining ground beef mix (w/ beans and corn).. save for sloppy joes the next day.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Cheeseburger soup from Food.com. Looks revolting, like gruel from B.C. comic. Nom!

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Middle Eastern Stuffed Bell Peppers

1 cup long grain rice, cooked and cooled
    2 # ground beef, browned
    diced 1 large carrot, 1 large yellow onion; sweat on top of browned meat
    1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp ground allepo pepper*
    blend all above, disaggregating the rice as best you can -- takes about 2 mins with a rice paddle.
    cut off top and core 4 sweet bell peppers -- color of your choice
    Stuff peppers with meat/rice mixture.
    Put residual mixture into baking dish, and use to prop up peppers.
    mix 1/4 cup catsup with 1/4 cup sriracha -- spoon onto tops of peppers
    Cover with 2 to 3 oz. ground parmigiano cheese and not the stuff out of the green box.
    Bake at 375 50 mins or until peppers are soft, but not mushy.

*you can spice this however you like, but something with some punch and heat work well.

(damn i love these gay-ass food threads, especially since they chap bitchcakes.)

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

A simple easy mixed meat meal. Great way to deal with leftovers as well

Mix ground beef, chicken and pork or lamb in a casserole dish on a bed of rice, season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon.

You can also take this same mixture and stuff squash or role it in grape leaves to add in your veggies

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Use it in spaghetti sauce.

joec likes this.
  12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Tater Tot Casserole (or hot dish for the Minnesnowtons on here). Low brow but good!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

old easy staple, cottage pie, if you are lazy and in a hurry like me, brown the beef, drain, get 2 packets of brown gravy mix, frozen mix vegetables. Always make proper mash, heavy cream and butter. Beef/ gravy on the bottom, mixed veg, potatoes, shredded cheddar, 375 oven for 30 min or till hot, or sloppy joes, tacos, burgers, spaghetti, baked ziti, ect.. Pretty much cook ground beef every way possible

motoboy and caferace like this.
  15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The right answer was TACOS!!!!!!!!

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:crackup:Holy shit dude. I thought that was like a local thing. I had never even heard of it until I moved down here. Should have known better. Fucking Wisconsin! :beer:

It is delicious though.

Sprinky likes this.
  18. Burritos followed by a series of crop dusting fly by's

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Just eat it raw the way Gawd intended. Heathen.